Completly disgusted!!!

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Yes i do have a college directory, however it does take lots of time to go through it to find all the names in the directory. To say the least the clerks REALLY hate me. I dont seem to understand if all of my packages are spad to one section then how can i be dispatched with the correct amount of stops?

Today I was dispacted with 120 stops and looking at my truck this morning i said bull. So at 5 oclock i finished my colleges and had 63 stops left. So essentially I was dispatched with 155 stops and over 365 packages. I ended up with 113 stops and 320 packages. Needless to say lots of help was sent my was.

On the bright side My center manager called me tonight at 845 to see how things were going. I was kinda nervous at first,(you know answering the phone while driving) but he was very positive and it really was a bright spot to a completly crappy day.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Does your center use edd if so how do you leave and think you have 120 stops when you have 155 stops do you get edd before you leave i can see my stop count on sups computer also

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Yes i do have a college directory, however it does take lots of time to go through it to find all the names in the directory.

This is what I meant by "Milking" it (ATTENTION NEW ENGLANDER)

On the bright side My center manager called me tonight at 845 to see how things were going. I was kinda nervous at first,(you know answering the phone while driving) but he was very positive and it really was a bright spot to a completly crappy day.

Yea it does help when you have a manager that calls to check to see if you are ok. Mine will call me every once in a while and ALWAYS tells me thank you for doing a good job before hanging up with me.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Does your center use edd if so how do you leave and think you have 120 stops when you have 155 stops do you get edd before you leave i can see my stop count on sups computer also

Cobra said it's because all the individual stops at this college show as one stop in EDD. The Supes could dispatch using an average of how many stops the college gets each day and figuring that into his stop count, but that would make sense and take effort. So instead things stay the same.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Edd should no you have 155 stops count them before you leave don't trust computer it can go either way Ive seen computer say i have 150 but when i count before i leave building i have 130 seen it both ways Edd knows what you have just go by that.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Cobra said it's because all the individual stops at this college show as one stop in EDD. The Supes could dispatch using an average of how many stops the college gets each day and figuring that into his stop count, but that would make sense and take effort. So instead things stay the same.

i didnt consider that one stop but 30 there nice catch

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Loaders do not need your hands, only your help. Your start time is when you get in the truck to go to work, any issues with your load will not get fixed by you going in for years on your own time to fix it. I was a loader, now I am a driver. Stay outta the way. You are stealing their time to make your day better. They load, you deliver it. If its wrong drag a sup by the tie off to the side and make an appointment with him/her to fix it. That is how it works. Im so sick of people massaging their loads, the sups see it and send the loader home, while your stupid butt is working for free. Whatever is in my truck in the AM is mine and I have all day to figure it out. And I see it at start time. And I get there at 1 minute to start time. I spend enough time in the truck, Im not spending a minute more than I am paid to.

The route I am on this week sometimes has a RR that needs to be delivered on the way into the extended town but all the RRs are loaded in section 8000. I check EDD to see if those RRs are loaded and if so I move them where I can get to them. Also, there are a few RRs that go to the other driver in that loop but for some reason unknown to me the system keeps putting them in my car, so if they show in EDD I try to get them out and to the correct driver before leaving the building. Being a cover driver I an hesitant to change anything in PAS/EDD.
For some reason our preload sup keeps rotating the loaders, we may be lucky to have the same one three days in a row. This does not help with communications with the loaders.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes it is for shame, and has been covered many times.
It is against UPS policy, and teamster policy for you to work off the clock. The reasons vary, in the end it is wrong to work for free.

New Englander

This is what I meant by "Milking" it (ATTENTION NEW ENGLANDER)/quote]

Still not buying. The way you posted it was under the intention that we would take it as you were putting it to the company. There really was no other way to view it.

It's simple guys. Deliver them to where they are addressed. If it's the generic college address and the mail room refuses sheet it as NSP and bring it back to ECS for an address correction and a fee added to the shipper.

At some point everything will be fixed. Either the company is going to investigate with the college to reduce send agains or fix the EDD.

If the EDD is not set up correctly.....you'll need to look at each one prior to leaving the first college delivery stop.

No one in management is going to tell you to sit there and freaken thumb through a directory every time you do the deliveries to find the building they go to.

We are not detectives, we deliver packages to the address given. If they don't want it. It's not my problem. All you can do is bring it back to ECS, let them do there job to track down where it needs to go.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
This is what I meant by "Milking" it (ATTENTION NEW ENGLANDER)/quote]

Still not buying. The way you posted it was under the intention that we would take it as you were putting it to the company. There really was no other way to view it.

It's simple guys. Deliver them to where they are addressed. If it's the generic college address and the mail room refuses sheet it as NSP and bring it back to ECS for an address correction and a fee added to the shipper.

At some point everything will be fixed. Either the company is going to investigate with the college to reduce send agains or fix the EDD.

If the EDD is not set up correctly.....you'll need to look at each one prior to leaving the first college delivery stop.

No one in management is going to tell you to sit there and freaken thumb through a directory every time you do the deliveries to find the building they go to.

We are not detectives, we deliver packages to the address given. If they don't want it. It's not my problem. All you can do is bring it back to ECS, let them do there job to track down where it needs to go.

No need to try to state my point to you. You don't know me, my work ethic or the person I am. So take it as you want and i'll leave it at that. But thanks for your input.

On a side note: I do agree that I/we should sheet it up as NSP or NSA, but it's hard for me to not make an effort to attempt to get the package(s) to there proper destination.

I.E= I had a package the other day that had a P.O Box on it but I knew exactly where the place of business was. It was an early A.M. So, should I have just sheeted it up as NSN? I didn't, I delivered it and made an address correction.

P.S --- This is exactly why I haven't posted in a long while. All, I saw was that people were arguing back and forth. Because of BS like this that people like New Englander always find ways to beat another co-worker down. Seems like its contagious at UPS sometimes.So I stay away from the people that are bickering and arguing in the morning. Have a good day tomorrow New Englander and keep up the good work!

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
Sorting? I was told with EDD there is no need to sort. Besides, there's no function in the board to code out "sort time".....Since EDD, my paychecks have gotten bigger and bigger! Punched out at 2050 last night!

over9five

Staff member
I agree with Passyouby. I would look up the packages and get them delivered.

ALSO, management has told us to carry a phone book, and look stuff up if the address is wrong.

Why bring them back so someone else has to look it up?