Completly disgusted!!!

browniehound

If it's an incorrect address it's revenue.

Do drivers still use the address correction function anymore? I haven't had this pushed on me by the center team since 2000 or 2001.

I think UPS should let this slide. When our customers call 1-800-PICK-UPS they get crapped on. The people on the other end of the phone are 2000 miles way and have no idea what our local customers' needs are.

I will give you a fresh example. On Friday August 1st I made a daily pick-up at one of our accounts that still use "the book". This business wanted a Saturday delivery, but with "the book" and how they prepared the paper work it was very doubtful the package would make the service they were willing to pay for. They checked "Saturday delivery" in the box on the page and placed a "NDA barcode label" on the package.

I knew this wouldn't make Sat. service so I called the center and I was told to have them fill out an ASD. They did. They checked "Saturday Delivery" in the applicable box. They wrote their account # in the correct box and signed and dated it. This all took over 12 minutes I must add!

I returned to the package car and placed a "Saturday" sticker on all six sides. I turned in the top copy of the ASD when I got in on Friday.

Guess what happened Tuesday? Yes, you know! I was returning this to my customer before 10:30!!!! The Saturday stickers were peeled or scraped off.

How can UPS do this to our most loyal customers for the fear of getting ripped off???

I called the center. I asked "what do I need to do so this makes service 100%?" We did the correct paper work and still UPS friend-ed up.

This was a cell phone that the owner of a store that recieves and ships UPS everday needed on Saturday for a merchandise show a few hundred miles way.

Instead, It was delivered there on MOnday with nobody there to recieve it and thus it was sent back!

Now, when Tuesday rolls around and I HAVE TO ASK FOR A SIGNATURE for this cell phone that our customer NEEDED on Saturday, I feel like a total idiot.

On top of ot all, UPS would not refund her money. They told her that a label for a scheduled Monday delivery was used! Yes that label was used, but there is also a box that we can check "Saturday Delivery" on it.

We did this. I put 6-8 Saturday stickers on top of this, yet it gets returned on Tuesday.

How can you expect me to sell the business when UPS is providing service like this? How do expect me to face my customers and say "Use UPS" when they pull these stunts?

My question is this: If there was a doubt, why not upgrade it to Saturday and charge the customer? It had their account # on the ASD. Its extra Sat. volume, why not take it and charge later? Why kick it out of the system???

Once I delivered a NS# to the proper address without doing an address correction in the board. The next week the driver had a driver follow up for it. It was addressed to 710 5th ave suite 7600 should have been 701 5th Suite 7600.