computer problem

rod

Retired 22 years
Yesterday I was messing around and thought I was deleting an old site off my "Favorites" list but managed to delete the whole list. Anyone have solution on how to get it back? I Googled how to but what they said didn't work for me. I've tried resetting the computer back to a previous date when the list was there but that didn't work either. My computer uses Windows 7 if that helps.

I know----find a 12 year old to fix it for me.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yesterday I was messing around and thought I was deleting an old site off my "Favorites" list but managed to delete the whole list. Anyone have solution on how to get it back? I Googled how to but what they said didn't work for me. I've tried resetting the computer back to a previous date when the list was there but that didn't work either. My computer uses Windows 7 if that helps.

I know----find a 12 year old to fix it for me.
What browser were you using? And do you have any other browsers installed? The list is probably gone if it isn't stored somewhere else.

oldngray

nowhere special
I gotta take a wizz...
441485.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special
Internet explorer----I though NOTHING is ever totally deleted from a computer.

You can recover a lot of things but probably not that list. Its one of the few things that doesn't change when you do a system restore.Documents are left alone.

oldngray

nowhere special
I lost favorites when I had to re-install Firefox but I had them saved in Google Chrome too so I was able to add them back. Pain in the butt though.

oldngray

nowhere special
that's what you get for using Internet Explorer

IE is a lot better than it used to be. It is still one of the worst choices but its not really terrible. It got better because it had to. Of course Microsoft abandoned it for Edge which IS a total piece of crap.

Last edited: