Confederate Flag at UPS (on topic)

Thomas_2399

Attachments

• 20180424_000956.jpg
    20180424_000956.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 251

Thomas_2399

If you have to ask the question, you already should know it’s not a good idea. Just come to work and work, keep your personal pride at home.
I ask this because a part-time supervisor said over the radio today to the hub manager and full time supervisor that he doesn't want to see anyone wearing Confederate Flags. This isn't the first time he's said about this. The hub manager and full time supervisor say the will address it with me, but never do. So I continue to wear it. Said part-time supervisor is offended because his wife is black.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I ask this because a part-time supervisor said over the radio today to the hub manager and full time supervisor that he doesn't want to see anyone wearing Confederate Flags. This isn't the first time he's said about this. The hub manager and full time supervisor say the will address it with me, but never do. So I continue to wear it. Said part-time supervisor is offended because his wife is black.
So then don’t wear it. I live and deliver in Forsyth County Ga, so I know a thing or two about southern pride. That said, be an adult and stop instigating the PT sups feelings ( wrongly placed) and just wear non controversial clothing.

You’ve already been told not to wear it, be an adult and follow directions. You don’t have any “rights” to wear whatever you want.

Last edited:

Box Ox

I am a loader at a hub in Pennsylvania. Can I be fired for wearing a hat that displays the Confederate Flag?

No. But nobody wants to see your stupid Confederate battle flag Civil War runner-up trophy hat. And I say that as a descendant of Confederate soldiers. They were brave, but their cause was not good or just.