Confused about CDL application question

From multiple posts here, it seems that you do NOT need a Commercial Drivers License to drive package delivery.
However, on package delivery driver application form it asks:

Do you have a valid commercial driver's license for the state you reside in? Yes No

Do they want all new PDD's to have class A's and B's or is there an actual class "C" license that is commercial?
I have my regular California Class C license which I have been using to drive 14500lb GVW trucks for over 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Random_Facts

To be clear, there is a license C that's commercial. Yet, at UPS, it's only needed for the feeders. (hence your 'bulk stop cars' can't be maxed out.)

menotyou

bella amicizia
If the form asks and you have what it is asking for, then I would hope you would answer the appropriate way. Which way do you think is appropriate? If you are having issues filling out the application, maybe you should think about Walmart.

rocket man

I guess your from calif? so you dont have a cdl? I think you should put (yes) its a big company they wont figure it out. JUST JOKING

Thread necro to say thank you to the helpful and
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
to the useless.
Was not having "issues" filling out anything, just wondering why something evidently irrelevant to the position in question is asked on a particular job application.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

brett636

Here a Chauffeurs license is all thats required to drive for package car, but we used to have a couple of old 24 ft. box trucks which required at minimum a Class B CDL. It wasn't a requirement to have the CDL, it just meant they could stick you a wider range of vehicles if you did. As stated the only department that requires a CDL is feeders.