confused and ticked

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
The flavor of the month has been reducing claims, so to do this we certain drivers with x amount of followups (claims) must get a certain amount of sigs during the day. So today I am delivering a rt. That has this "nonsense " implemented and wth I must of had 20 stops that could have been dr but were not because this driver wouldn't have gotten sigs required for the day. (Start rant here)

What a load of crap omg normally 170-190 stops on rd reduced to 120-130 cause of sigs! Don't we lose money after first attempt. If pkge doesn't get delivered untill the 3rd attempt don't we lose money? If this starts spreading to other rts are we really saving money? 170-190 stps 8 hr planned day 120-140 w/ sigs now. 10+ planned day. So now another rt put in and the money is saved...........where.......it just seems that this fine company regularly slits its throat to stop a nose bleed. Really come on but on the bright side another "crap" rt has been added to the lineup ohh and of course its over dispatched!

DS

Fenderbender
It sounds like the claims in your area have gotten out of hand and someone has instructed them to fix it .
How do you dr a sig req pkg? I have seen a few guys get fired for falsifying a sig. Why not deal with the drivers that abuse it?
It always blows me away about how different ups works in different places.
So close and yet so far.

SWORDFISH

I know what the problem is here. Your trying to make sense out of something someone in an office far far away has implemented.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Standard UPS management mentality....it isnt necessary to solve the problem as long as you can manipulate a metric.

The Milkman

The flavor of the month has been reducing claims, so to do this we certain drivers with x amount of followups (claims) must get a certain amount of sigs during the day. So today I am delivering a rt. That has this "nonsense " implemented and wth I must of had 20 stops that could have been dr but were not because this driver wouldn't have gotten sigs required for the day. (Start rant here)

What a load of crap omg normally 170-190 stops on rd reduced to 120-130 cause of sigs! Don't we lose money after first attempt. If pkge doesn't get delivered untill the 3rd attempt don't we lose money? If this starts spreading to other rts are we really saving money? 170-190 stps 8 hr planned day 120-140 w/ sigs now. 10+ planned day. So now another rt put in and the money is saved...........where.......it just seems that this fine company regularly slits its throat to stop a nose bleed. Really come on but on the bright side another "crap" rt has been added to the lineup ohh and of course its over dispatched!

When you are there any length of time you will see these things come and go.Does it make sense........Of course not........You are dealing with UPS........Go with the flow untill the river flows the other way because after over 25 yrs I worked for them, you just give up trying to make sense of it all........Work as directed and don't let their dumb decisions work you up.:peaceful:

705red

Browncafe Steward
If they want you to get signatures, make every stop a signature required, its your route. Start this on Monday and see how many extra routes are in by Friday, ps file a 9.5 at the same time.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your stop count has dropped by 50 and you are bitching?

I would be bitching too, because once the company decided to pick a new flavor-of-the-week my stop count would go right back to where it had been before and I would be the one having to explain to the customers why the policy kept changing.

I can deal with the overtime, I can deal with the chaos and the heat and the cold and the routine challenges of being a UPS driver. But there is nothing more frustrating to me than being required to meet some stupid, pointless quota that has been imposed on me by an idiot in a cubicle 500 miles away.

brownedout

Your stop count has dropped by 50 and you are bitching?

Guys, I got the idea he's covering and he's adhering to (another driver's) quota? Anyway signatures should rise with claims, being said claim stop should now be non-dr, especially if delivering driver (which resulted in the claim) is not a high claim driver.

We have to explain ourselves in my building if they feel we are getting too many signatures, thus increasing our on road time/paid day.

I too agree with the flavor of the month, next month something else. Perhaps, heres an idea: Stay off driveways that are not cleared no matter how much consignee protests and OMS's harass, there are too many broken/twisted ankles and sprained/dislocated shoulders. Since we are trained to value, and are held accountable for our personal safety, put your own concepts into action. I'm tired already of arguing with an OMS through DIAD text messages, who wasn't even born when I started UPS.

Nimnim

The Nim
Oops, I forgot....

Picture this folks. Over driving through a neighborhood with his feeder stopping at houses, hoping in the back and rifling through that wonderfully tight wall for each delivery and making it happen all under allowed.

Personally I don't think management would even know how to discipline this, much less could they stop laughing long enough to actually do it.

SWORDFISH

Picture this folks. Over driving through a neighborhood with his feeder stopping at houses, hoping in the back and rifling through that wonderfully tight wall for each delivery and making it happen all under allowed.

Personally I don't think management would even know how to discipline this, much less could they stop laughing long enough to actually do it.

Your management laughs?

brownelf

I've always made any DR stops that file a claim sig req from that point forward, esp now that telematics is being used and shows pkg was del to correct location. We don't get the did you del it to the right house? anymore, our follow-ups have google map satellite photos with point of stop complete noted to show customer when we do follow-ups. Thats helped many of our drivers in getting positive follow-ups on claims, as long as they're using the correct methods and stop completing at point of delivery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've always made any DR stops that file a claim sig req from that point forward, esp now that telematics is being used and shows pkg was del to correct location. We don't get the did you del it to the right house? anymore, our follow-ups have google map satellite photos with point of stop complete noted to show customer when we do follow-ups. Thats helped many of our drivers in getting positive follow-ups on claims, as long as they're using the correct methods and stop completing at point of delivery.

I have found that mentioning you will be contacting the local police department also helps to get a positive DFU.

UPSGUY72

If they want you to get signatures, make every stop a signature required, its your route. Start this on Monday and see how many extra routes are in by Friday, ps file a 9.5 at the same time.

The first time they make a driver in my building pay for a claim everyone of my stops is getting a sig. except the shipper release packages.