congress

moreluck

golden ticket member
All over the country, in all kinds of companies, people are taking pay cuts ( some voluntarily)... but did you notice that congress is getting ready to give themselves a cost of living raise???

Did you notice they went on their holiday break and never resolved the "big 3" problem............They all should be fired, tarred & feathered, and publicly beaten in the town square.

Now I'm not picky......Rep. & Dem. are all guilty, selfish people who don't really represent their hometown folks.

They are only in it for Me, me, me, me.......hate 'em all !!:biting:

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
All over the country, in all kinds of companies, people are taking pay cuts ( some voluntarily)... but did you notice that congress is getting ready to give themselves a cost of living raise???

Did you notice they went on their holiday break and never resolved the "big 3" problem............They all should be fired, tarred & feathered, and publicly beaten in the town square.

Now I'm not picky......Rep. & Dem. are all guilty, selfish people who don't really represent their hometown folks.

very well said.

JustTired

free at last.......
One (1) six year term limit would fix a lot of the problem. No "golden parachute" retirement plan. Just the satisfaction of serving their country.......then back to their "day jobs"!!!!

Channahon

They should be fired along with Wall Street, the SEC and any other entity that does not have the best interest of the 300 million people who live and support the USA.

wkmac

But yet come election, did you once vote outside those republican and/or democrat candidates you say you hate?

It's like we're all in a relationship based souly on physical abuse with us being the abused. We 8itch and complain about it to each other but then we turn right around and go back for more abuse knowing full good and well that we will be abused.

Stop supporting citizen abuse!
:wink2:

chev

Nightcrawler
It is amazing they get anything done being in session on average 130 days a year. What a corrupt joke.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member

In Pennsylvania the legislators can't have the raise withheld because of the way some crook wrote the law. They can write a check returning the raise to the State Treasury, but some of them claim they are giving it to the worthy charity's in their home district.

I'm for term limits as well, however a limit on six years would keep good representatives that actually take the job seriously from even running. One law that should be passed is that any one voting on a wage increase for lawmakers not be allowed to receive the increase until they have been re-elected to the office. I have a serious problem with their retirement program also.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The must-pass spending bill pending in the Senate includes a little-noticed provision that would pay the family of the late Sen. Robert C. Byrd for the salary he would have commanded in the next fiscal year.

The Senate handbook says that upon the death of a senator who had been serving in office, “in the next appropriations bill, an item will be inserted for a gratuity to be paid to the widow(er) or other next- of-kin, in the amount of one-year’s compensation.”

As a result, the bill calls for “equal shares” of the late senator’s $193,400 salary to be split between Byrd’s seven children and grandchildren.

The practice has been long followed by both parties and in both chambers, including in 2007 when the widows of the late Wyoming GOP Sen. Craig Thomas and the late Rep. Paul Gillmor (R-Ohio) each received $165,200 for the salary that the two men would have received.
Victoria Reggie Kennedy, widow of Edward M. Kennedy, late a Senator from Massachussetts, $174,000.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Cartoon%20-%20Disaster%20Recap%202010%20-%20ALG%20%28600%29.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched the passing of the gavel from Pelosi to Boehner today. I didn't time it, but I think Pelosi spoke longer. It was all about her.....she was the first woman speaker, she was the first Italian-American speaker, etc, etc.

She said about the goals being paying down the deficit.....like she ever thought about that in the past 2 years. She said something about job creation.......it wasn't her priority before. Lies, lies out of her mouth!!

I'm just glad she's out of that THIRD place right now!! :sick: