Congressman Allen West:"78 to 81 Democrat Congressmen Members of the Communist Party"

bbsam

Staff member
Re: Congressman Allen West:"78 to 81 Democrat Congressmen Members of the Communist Pa

Sorry. J.C. Watts.

trickpony1

Re: Congressman Allen West:"78 to 81 Democrat Congressmen Members of the Communist Pa

I'm surprised a certain Browncafe member hasn't jumped in here and offered his opinions on Allen West.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I like Allen West, but I like getting the most bang for my buck (so to speak).

If Condi Rice were to be asked to be veep, you'd get some of the black vote, some of the female vote and for those who think Romney has no foreign relations knowledge, she has plenty. It'd be like 3 for the price of 1.

Strategically, I like that move!

menotyou

bella amicizia

I wasn't thinking of Wesley when I read it. :winks: Just sayin'

hehehehehehehehehehehe Reggie Bush comes to mind. ;)

brett636

brett, hate to break it to you, but Mr. West has a bright future ahead just like Michael Steele, Alan Keyes, and J.J. Watts before him had.

I don't know why you would say that. He can delivery a great speech without a teleprompter, and he actually held real world jobs too! Those two qualities alone make him more qualified than Obama.

wkmac

I don't know why you would say that. He can delivery a great speech without a teleprompter, and he actually held real world jobs too! Those two qualities alone make him more qualified than Obama.

Let's see, first out of college he served in the US Military. Upon ending his military career, he taught school for one year and then for 2 years he worked for Military Professional Resources Inc., a defense contractor and now he resides in Congress.

Retract the taxpayer's dime from West's working career and tell me again how he held "REAL WORLD JOBS TOO?"

brett636

Let's see, first out of college he served in the US Military. Upon ending his military career, he taught school for one year and then for 2 years he worked for Military Professional Resources Inc., a defense contractor and now he resides in Congress.

Retract the taxpayer's dime from West's working career and tell me again how he held "REAL WORLD JOBS TOO?"

Military experience is some of the best real world experience one can get.

wkmac

Military experience is some of the best real world experience one can get.

I consider a real world job as a market action between voluntary actors exchanging goods and services and not a result of monopoly thanks to extortion by the threat of violence.

brett636

I consider a real world job as a market action between voluntary actors exchanging goods and services and not a result of monopoly thanks to extortion by the threat of violence.

Someone I knew was making $25k a year working for the Airforce and was about to re-enlist until he learned he could make $100k+ a year doing the same work in the private sector, and his job had nothing to do with killing anyone. Lets not also discount the intangible qualities instilled in our military men and women that turn them into productive citizens when they leave the military.

wkmac

Someone I knew was making $25k a year working for the Airforce and was about to re-enlist until he learned he could make $100k+ a year doing the same work in the private sector, and his job had nothing to do with killing anyone. Lets not also discount the intangible qualities instilled in our military men and women that turn them into productive citizens when they leave the military.

My point has nothing to do with what you said. In the case of Allen West, he was getting paid by taxpayer dollars who had those dollars extracted from them by force because had they at any point refused to turn over their private property (labor converted to monetary units) for the public collective cause, you can call that welfare, the guns would have come out, they would be threatened with being thrown in a cage or if resistance continued, shot or just killed outright.

Stop glamourizing what these people do at any level when they work for gov't in any capacity because at the end of the day, they are able too because others are forced to pay for it. This is not an action of free market choices where a voluntary actor chooses to purchase the good or service offered by the State. Like any criminal gang, we are forced because they've marked off this turf as their own and anyone in it must pay Tough Tony once a month or else.

Non-State Criminal gangs and the mafia are taken out because the gov't can't handle the competition and if left in play we just might begin to see the gov't for exactly what they really are. West in reality is just another paid thug who really should be wearing a hoodie but now as a Congressman he's able to hire it done with our money!

Now once someone leaves employment not associated in any way with the taxpayer dime, then we're talking about something else entirely.

brett636

My point has nothing to do with what you said. In the case of Allen West, he was getting paid by taxpayer dollars who had those dollars extracted from them by force because had they at any point refused to turn over their private property (labor converted to monetary units) for the public collective cause, you can call that welfare, the guns would have come out, they would be threatened with being thrown in a cage or if resistance continued, shot or just killed outright.

Stop glamourizing what these people do at any level when they work for gov't in any capacity because at the end of the day, they are able too because others are forced to pay for it. This is not an action of free market choices where a voluntary actor chooses to purchase the good or service offered by the State. Like any criminal gang, we are forced because they've marked off this turf as their own and anyone in it must pay Tough Tony once a month or else.

Non-State Criminal gangs and the mafia are taken out because the gov't can't handle the competition and if left in play we just might begin to see the gov't for exactly what they really are. West in reality is just another paid thug who really should be wearing a hoodie but now as a Congressman he's able to hire it done with our money!

Now once someone leaves employment not associated in any way with the taxpayer dime, then we're talking about something else entirely.

I see your point, but disagree to the extent that I recognize that government has legitimate functions in society, and maintaining a military is one of those. Without the protection of a military any country who cares to take over our society can and probably will, ending whatever no government free market utopia you seem to believe can exist. Every person operating within the borders of our country can enjoy the freedoms that exist here mostly because we have a military willing to fight to maintain them.

wkmac

I see your point, but disagree to the extent that I recognize that government has legitimate functions in society, and maintaining a military is one of those. Without the protection of a military any country who cares to take over our society can and probably will, ending whatever no government free market utopia you seem to believe can exist. Every person operating within the borders of our country can enjoy the freedoms that exist here mostly because we have a military willing to fight to maintain them.

I see your point but thinking about it, since 1812' there has never been another nationstate army to step foot within the confines of the individual States proper and I doubt any form of standing army as deterent had that much to do with it but rather we enjoy a geographic location making an invasion very unlikely in the first place. Secondly, unless Mexico or Canada were the invader, coming in over land would force the invader to deal with Canada and Mexico first. Compounding even more is the fact that in the hands of the private population are more arms than all the armies of the world combined. When one begins to move beyond fear and thoughtfully ponder with logic and reason, an invasion by a nationstate army seems more a narrative of someone using fear for ulterior motives driven by the desire for power and money.

Once again we're back to my earlier scenario of govt's motives!

bbsam

Staff member

I like Allen West, but I like getting the most bang for my buck (so to speak).

If Condi Rice were to be asked to be veep, you'd get some of the black vote, some of the female vote and for those who think Romney has no foreign relations knowledge, she has plenty. It'd be like 3 for the price of 1.

Strategically, I like that move!
If she were the Republican nominee, I would have to think very long and very hard before deciding between Obama and Rice.

bbsam

Staff member

I say it because all three were held up as up and comers in the republican party and flamed out quickly. Has nothing to do with Obama.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is opinion because alot of military experience simply doesn't transfer to the civilian job market.

If you are talking about experience particular to a MOS or AFS than you are right but if you are talking about the overall experience many employers, including UPS, find this to be invaluable. They know that former military members are trainable, have discipline and a strong work ethic. I was hired in part because the DM at the time was a veteran.