Connectivity meeting: Have you done it yet?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
So it looks like all the drivers are being asked to start early for one day and do this meeting with a center manager. In the meeting, the center manager talks about our competitors (FedEx, USPS, Amazon, regional carriers). We watch a video that explains how they are eating away at our business and what we need to do to stop it. From the gist of it, it seems to me like they are trying to prepare us for everyday delivery. Meaning not just Saturday ground, but Sunday also. The word our center manager kept using was 'flexibility', to match the demands of our changing delivery market, and our competitors. Has anyone else had this meeting yet? What did you take from it?

IMG_6883.GIF

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So it looks like all the drivers are being asked to start early for one day and do this meeting with a center manager. In the meeting, the center manager talks about our competitors (FedEx, USPS, Amazon, regional carriers). We watch a video that explains how they are eating away at our business and what we need to do to stop it. From the gist of it, it seems to me like they are trying to prepare us for everyday delivery. Meaning not just Saturday ground, but Sunday also. The word our center manager kept using was 'flexibility', to match the demands of our changing delivery market, and our competitors. Has anyone else had this meeting yet? What did you take from it?
Have management take a huge pay cut and lower our prices.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Oh great! They want us to do the sales pitch too. I ain't got time for that. I drive, that's it. Don't bother asking.

Besides. Heard we got a new center manager. On Wednesday. Wonder how long till we see him? He is 3 hrs away. Maybe by x MA's?

Richard Cranium

Paid meeting?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No but I've heard a lot about it. I also heard in some locations the center manager makes a push for a yes vote on the next contract.

Ghost in the Darkness

Yeah I'd have to agree its probably more contract related. Saturday ground isn't company wide and nothing said that implies it will be... yet. Just the cities estimate and from the looks of that figure its not in the works so far for my center.
I would tell the manager "lets ride this sinking ship down together then" and give 'em a big ole smile as I walked away.

Last edited:
N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I don't bleed brown and never will....instead of forcing overworked drivers to do even more, perhaps hire more people...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I don't bleed brown and never will....instead of forcing overworked drivers to do even more, perhaps hire more people...
But what you need to understand is we would, but due to competition and rising labor costs, we have to use the current workforce. If the union would agree to putting helpers on year around it would be easier on your bodies and we could get the production needed to stay competive and compensation could be negotiated. With helpers year around we could have drivers being safer with team lifts on overweight and irreg packages, of course allowing us to increase the weight limits to 219lbs as such to bring in more revenue

-Management

35years

Gravy route
This is the softening up meeting in anticipation of the contract.
1:Competition =
-SPIN-
We don't have money to give you a raise and/or extra pension and heath care cotributions. Our competition is eating our profits. Besides their drivers make less than you.
-REALITY-
Record profits. Exexective compensation has increased 10 fold. We got 2.5% anually. Our health care is far worse than 10, 20, 30 years ago. Our pensions pay a smaller % compared to our annual wages and are failing.

2: Flexibility:=
-SPIN-
Competition works 365 days a year so we have to. We need consesions on the old rules paying time and a half or double time for weekend work and 6th/seventh shifts.
-REALITY-
We have already had our start times moved back; Our shifts are far longer; And our Saturdays are gone during peak. Peak, by the way used to be Thanksgiving to Christmas, not November 1 to January 15th. We have already given up so much family time that the jobs are hard to fill, when there used to be 40 applicants for each position.

Last edited:
N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

But what you need to understand is we would, but due to competition and rising labor costs, we have to use the current workforce. If the union would agree to putting helpers on year around it would be easier on your bodies and we could get the production needed to stay competive and compensation could be negotiated. With helpers year around we could have drivers being safer with team lifts on overweight and irreg packages, of course allowing us to increase the weight limits to 219lbs as such to bring in more revenue

-Management[/QUOTE
Lmao... What you need to understand is ups made 1.3 billion in profit. Hire more people. Increase the weight limit? Omg. So hurt more drivers? Lol I never got hurt until you raised the weight limits to over 70 lbs. herniated disk and 3 hernias. Clueless

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

-Management

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

-Management
What you need to understand is you just made 1.3 billion in profit for the quarter. Most of us already work 10 to 12 hours a day. Increase weight limits again?? Omg that's more injuries. I never got hurt until u raised it last time to over 70. Herniated disk, 3 hernias. And you want more ? Clueless

Future

Victory Ride
This meeting occurs once a year in my building .... not sure if the entire building attends ... we meet in small groups of 20 with the District Manager

The Driver

I drive.
Soon it will graduate to 24 hour delivery. Mark my words. Bulk deliveries to a secure facility that customers can access anytime, day or night. Like the locker system we have now but more advanced.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
they are pitching sales leads to pt sups so it's not just you

the company is desperate to pinch pennies before Q4, and also for the contract next year

sunday ground isn't going to happen, though feeders and hub might be a different story