Conspiracy at Brown

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
To all:

If you are a reader of this forum, you may have noticed several members believe the actions of management have an ulterior motive. Some examples of this could be a strategically placed complaint or a conspiracy to fire Joe Union. Some people here believe their management team is truly out to get them.

Have you witnessed or heard any conspiracy theories relating to your employer? If so, please share.

Thank you,
ChickenLegs

Packmule

If it were true, they wouldn't leave a paper trail to prove it. That said, anyone who ever joined a union partly did so for reasons of job security. UPS is a huge corporation. Money is always the bottom line here and the computer that keeps track of our employee numbers probably has a real name.
Older drivers are always more expensive than newer, so yes, I believe in a way they are out to get me. My job is to use my experience and outsmart them.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
To all:

If you are a reader of this forum, you may have noticed several members believe the actions of management have an ulterior motive. Some examples of this could be a strategically placed complaint or a conspiracy to fire Joe Union. Some people here believe their management team is truly out to get them.

Have you witnessed or heard any conspiracy theories relating to your employer? If so, please share.

Thank you,
ChickenLegs

I believe they train all sups to closely monitor each driver's manifest and just as the driver is about to pull into the center, the sup is then required to activate the green light of death.

O

OLDMAN3

catconspiracy.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

To all:

Thank you,
ChickenLegs
There are more than a few drivers in my center that definitely deserve it. But, for some reason, they target the drivers that don't deserve it instead. It blows my mind.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If it were true, they wouldn't leave a paper trail to prove it. That said, anyone who ever joined a union partly did so for reasons of job security. UPS is a huge corporation. Money is always the bottom line here and the computer that keeps track of our employee numbers probably has a real name.
Older drivers are always more expensive than newer, so yes, I believe in a way they are out to get me. My job is to use my experience and outsmart them.
I think the guys who have like 7 years or less, their not really after to get out of there. I think the guys who have like 10 to 20 years left, because their super fast days are over and their just cruising now, are the ones they would be more interested to get out of there first and quickly. Just my opinion that's all.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I think the guys who have like 7 years or less, their not really after to get out of there. I think the guys who have like 10 to 20 years left, because their super fast days are over and their just cruising now, are the ones they would be more interested to get out of there first and quickly. Just my opinion that's all.

Well of course they want the long term vets out, it's so much cheaper to keep hiring new people. Pay wise and insurance payments to long term guys who might be more costly to "repair". It wouldn't surprise me if the next contract calls for a 60 month progression.

They will kill the new guys with stops and unattainable numbers,working them to death every day until they quit and more new ones can be had. I see a vicious cycle of turnover in the coming years.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Well of course they want the long term vets out, it's so much cheaper to keep hiring new people. Pay wise and insurance payments to long term guys who might be more costly to "repair". It wouldn't surprise me if the next contract calls for a 60 month progression.

They will kill the new guys with stops and unattainable numbers,working them to death every day until they quit and more new ones can be had. I see a vicious cycle of turnover in the coming years.
Its going to be very very interesting in the next 10 years because of so many drivers retiring. Id say maybe at least 40 percent are going to be gone if that's a conservative guess maybe higher. But with all the retiring and hiring of all these new drivers, aint going to be pretty that's for sure.