Contact Lenses

Indecisi0n

What are you guys paying for contact lenses? When I went under the Aetna web site it shows no coverage for contact lenses. They aren't for me but a co worker.

Box Ox

They aren't for me but a co worker.

2mzh3tj.jpg

Indecisi0n

You guys should know I am perfect. Never had any vision problems but I do like to understand my insurance and what it covers/don't which influences my vote. Just like I don't like how you can't be on disability for longer than a year then you get the boot. I never had to use it but this weights on my vote. Just because things don't affect me now don't mean they wont later on down the road.

oldngray

nowhere special
Aetna website gives almost no information about vision. Mostly they said to call them for more information. The place I last got glasses closed last year and I saw the ones they try to send you to now are mostly cheap garbage.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You guys should know I am perfect. Never had any vision problems but I do like to understand my insurance and what it covers/don't which influences my vote. Just like I don't like how you can't be on disability for longer than a year then you get the boot. I never had to use it but this weights on my vote. Just because things don't affect me now don't mean they wont later on down the road.
Remember your last sentence when you are banging that lot lizard at the loves truck stop while on your “meal” at 3 am...you don’t want to end up like Charlie Sheen....

Indecisi0n

Aetna website gives almost no information about vision. Mostly they said to call them for more information. The place I last got glasses closed last year and I saw the ones they try to send you to now are mostly cheap garbage.
Their web sites under vision says "No coverage". He was attempting to use 1800contacts which is a very well know supplier. I advised him to call Aetna before he does any ordering.

oldngray

nowhere special
Their web sites under vision says "No coverage". He was attempting to use 1800contacts which is a very well know supplier. I advised him to call Aetna before he does any ordering.

That might be an out of network problem. They want you to use the approved in network places (kickbacks?). I saw Pearle Vision and Walmart optical were on the list. Looking at a bill is so confusing with how they play games with charges and discounts. Contacts did seem to be covered though.

Indecisi0n

That might be an out of network problem. They want you to use the approved in network places (kickbacks?). I saw Pearle Vision and Walmart optical were on the list. Looking at a bill is so confusing with how they play games with charges and discounts. Contacts did seem to be covered though.
He went to Lenscrafters.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
What are you guys paying for contact lenses? When I went under the Aetna web site it shows no coverage for contact lenses. They aren't for me but a co worker.
$10 copay for exam, $120 a year for contacts. Been using 1800contacts and walmart vision center (I know) for the last 3-4 years. Before insurance I think it was about $280 a year for exam, and to actually get new contacts for a year (every 6 months). I stretch that. They might not be the greatest optometrists but my vision did improve during my last exam. Go figure..

Liquid Red

First make sure they're in network (EyeMed)...most are.
I used America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses. But I made them price match WalMart...you can't beat WalMart in price.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
First make sure they're in network (EyeMed)...most are.
I used America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses. But I made them price match WalMart...you can't beat WalMart in price.
you join the eye club and you have 3 eye exams free for