Continuing Reagan’s failed War on Drugs.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Trump is putting pressure on Congress do actually do their jobs and legislate

it should be legal but i also don't have much pity for druggies, weed is repulsive

floridays

Another question dealing with the vote of the people. This was not a federal issue, but the same principle exists. In the state of California years ago, the residents of the state voted that a marriage should consist of one man one woman. The Supreme Court of California reversed, was this a correct action, overturning the will of the people? Comment please.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
This move by Sessions could be a political prod to get Congress to change marijuana to a Schedule 1.

Maybe he is just following the law as written? If people don't like it get the law changed.

Also he isn't planning to get involved in states rights and what individual states decide to do. He will step in if it involves crossing state lines or violating other federal laws.

MAKAVELI

Another question dealing with the vote of the people. This was not a federal issue, but the same principle exists. In the state of California years ago, the residents of the state voted that a marriage should consist of one man one woman. The Supreme Court of California reversed, was this a correct action, overturning the will of the people? Comment please.
Unconstitutional. Anymore ?

MAKAVELI

Also he isn't planning to get involved in states rights and what individual states decide to do. He will step in if it involves crossing state lines or violating other federal laws.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Obama's directive did.

El Correcto

god is dead
You posted this previously. Am I correct in assuming you would now be ok with allowing individual states the power to choose which type of arms sales their residents could purchase?
Marijuana isn’t a matter of national security.

Maybe he is just following the law as written? If people don't like it get the law changed.

I hope you’re right but this is something that needs to be spotlighted.

You’re asking someone who lives an openly gay lifestyle, if intervention stopping gays from not having the same rights as other Americans was a good thing? Quit using gays as second class citizens who’s rights are actually a political debate. Comparing a gay couples marriage to a man marrying an animal is probably the most offensive talking point I’ve heard from the GOP in recent times.

floridays

Marijuana isn’t a matter of national security.

You’re asking someone who lives an openly gay lifestyle, if intervention stopping gays from not having the same rights as other Americans was a good thing? Quit using gays as second class citizens who’s rights are actually a political debate. Comparing a gay couples marriage to a man marrying an animal is probably the most offensive talking point I’ve heard from the GOP in recent times.

Great, you've just made it clear that
federal tyranny over the will of the states voters.
has nothing to do with holding to the principle of federalism or states rights. That principle is only respected by you when it deals with something you agree with.