Contract leader O'brien

10 Pt

Hey, my Teamcare got better, so thank you for your sacrifice of taking the bullet for me and my compadres. All for one, one for all. Much obliged.
I don't think it was a voluntary act of self sacrifice in "taking the bullet" for you. :whiteflag:

anHOURover

Hey, my Teamcare got better, so thank you for your sacrifice of taking the bullet for me and my compadres. All for one, one for all. Much obliged.
don't worry brother i will fight for you to get it even better and you will have coverage like a real union member. you should have fought years ago instead of falling in line with the safety committee types

upschuck

don't worry brother i will fight for you to get it even better and you will have coverage like a real union member. you should have fought years ago instead of falling in line with the safety committee types

Haha, you have no idea what you are talking about, and that is fact.

10 Pt

IMG_20170226_220214.jpg

You can always hope @Bubblehead .

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

My healthcare got worse by being forced into Teamcare.

It would have been a different story if we were told that we were going to have to bite the bullet on our healthcare so that others healthcare would get better.

That was not the case though. We were told that Teamcare mirrored our existing plan, that it was not a concession. Yes, we were lied to.

And I will see what contract proposal the Teamsters submit to the members before I decide which way I will vote as opposed to some people on here that will vote no no matter what.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
My daughter works in the industry and has told me that our plan (Excellus BC/BS PPO) is superior to most of the plans that she deals with on a daily basis.

That's not the point.

I understand that Teamcare is a pretty good plan. I have said this before, yet you still want to take this position that you are happy with Teamcare.

Good for you.

I am not happy with Teamcare because what I had was better. I took a concession and so did many others.

Was this going to come eventually? We will never know. H basically lied to us about what Teamcare was and then forced it on us.

10 Pt

I find myself wondering whether these people, who are now trying to broker this new era of open dialogue and brotherhood, would be whistling this same tune had the 6,000 votes swung the other way?
At the end of the day we're all Teamsters.
Some immature and some not. It's a mixed bag.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's not the point.

I understand that Teamcare is a pretty good plan. I have said this before, yet you still want to take this position that you are happy with Teamcare.

Good for you.

I am not happy with Teamcare because what I had was better. I took a concession and so did many others.

Was this going to come eventually? We will never know. H basically lied to us about what Teamcare was and then forced it on us.

The real concession will come when we start paying for a portion of our healthcare, whether it be through higher deductibles and co-pays or more directly by paying a portion of the premums.

upschuck

My healthcare got worse by being forced into Teamcare.

It would have been a different story if we were told that we were going to have to bite the bullet on our healthcare so that others healthcare would get better.

That was not the case though. We were told that Teamcare mirrored our existing plan, that it was not a concession. Yes, we were lied to.

And I will see what contract proposal the Teamsters submit to the members before I decide which way I will vote as opposed to some people on here that will vote no no matter what.
I heard on the news that HC premiums were going up 20% just this year. That is a big jump, and just for this one year. Was not going to last. Were you lied to, sounds like you were, but you have very low cost insurance that is very good.

Besides, unity in HC is more important, isn't it? Or is it just important on the stuff that you are lower on? I think supplements should be very small, with the NMA be the vast majority of the language. For that to happen, not everyone goes up in everything, that is an unreasonable stance to take. You think our prices are high now.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I heard on the news that HC premiums were going up 20% just this year. That is a big jump, and just for this one year. Was not going to last. Were you lied to, sounds like you were, but you have very low cost insurance that is very good.

Besides, unity in HC is more important, isn't it? Or is it just important on the stuff that you are lower on? I think supplements should be very small, with the NMA be the vast majority of the language. For that to happen, not everyone goes up in everything, that is an unreasonable stance to take. You think our prices are high now.

Apparently you did not comprehend my post.

I may have been OK with the switch to Teamcare if it was pushed as for the greater good.

But it was not. It was pushed as the union taking over Healthcare from UPS with the exact same benefits.

Nothing to do with the rise in premiums.

We do not need unity in HC. That is like saying we need unity in pensions. You were fine in Teamcare, I was fine in the company plan.

upschuck

Apparently you did not comprehend my post.

I may have been OK with the switch to Teamcare if it was pushed as for the greater good.

But it was not. It was pushed as the union taking over Healthcare from UPS with the exact same benefits.

Nothing to do with the rise in premiums.

We do not need unity in HC. That is like saying we need unity in pensions. You were fine in Teamcare, I was fine in the company plan.
I did comprehend your post.

So you think that the cost of the HC has nothing to do with the HC that we get? I don't think that you really believe that. Costs has everything to do with that; UPS wanted to be protected from the skyrocketing costs associated with insuring a limited number of people.

So you think you are special. Got it, as long as you get yours, solidarity for some.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

So you think that the cost of the HC has nothing to do with the HC that we get? I don't think that you really believe that. Costs has everything to do with that; UPS wanted to be protected from the skyrocketing costs associated with insuring a limited number of people.

So you think you are special. Got it, as long as you get yours, solidarity for some.

Again, you did not comprehend my post. I will repeat it instead of quoting it so maybe you will get it this time.

I may not have had a problem with being dumped into Teamcare IF we were told it was for the good of all, to keep costs and premiums down.

We were not told that. Nothing even close. Costs did not even come up except that UPS wanted us to kick into the Healthcare plan. A negotiating tactic. We could have got them to keep it as it was.

And I never said I was special. You think that just because I don't think that solidarity in HC matters in the slightest.

And it doesn't.

Do you realize how many different HC plans cover UPS employees. There is no solidarity.

And yes, we each want what's best for us. Me wanting to keep my Healthcare would not have cost you a single thing. Nothing wrong with that.

Now, if me keeping my Healthcare knocked your benefits down, I can see your point.

But this was not the case. So no, I am not special.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

If what you say is the case, why wouldn't we all be in TeamCare?