Contract question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ups clerk

I know contract negotiations are just starting and rumors will go abound from now till they finish.
Now I am hearing via UPS Rising that UPS wants to lower rates for drivers who deliver mainly residential routes. Are you kidding me??? This company made a fortune last year and now they want to start a two-tier wage for drivers. They did this back in 1982 and it has been Hell for new hires ever since.
Again contract talks are still in its beginning stages, but has anybody heard anything else--rumors or not?

upschuck

I know contract negotiations are just starting and rumors will go abound from now till they finish.
Now I am hearing via UPS Rising that UPS wants to lower rates for drivers who deliver mainly residential routes. Are you kidding me??? This company made a fortune last year and now they want to start a two-tier wage for drivers. They did this back in 1982 and it has been Hell for new hires ever since.
Again contract talks are still in its beginning stages, but has anybody heard anything else--rumors or not?
That would be dangerous. What is the definition of mainly? 50%+1 stop? Would see many routes changing.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

The union proposed a dollar more for driver's who opt in to do more than 9.5 hours in their initial proposal. Take what you hear right now with a grain of salt. A lot will change between now and Aug 1st

Wha
What?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't know how in the world that a UPS would think a stupid proposal like that would get through. Its usually high-seniority drivers that go for DR routes. I can see the company asking for a two-tiered system for new drivers hired after a certain date. Throw in a little cash bonus like back in 1982 and it might pass.

Both sides ask for ridiculous things and then work out a compromise of some type. The company will throw the union a certain amount of money that the union can do whatever it wants to. If the part timers would vote more and get involved, they could get a bigger piece of that.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Was that on UPS rising or TDU?

The company is demanding givebacks, including a lower rate of pay for package drivers on residential routes, part-time package drivers for weekend deliveries, increased subcontracting, a reduction in guaranteed weekly hours for part-timers and many other concessions.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Get your sign ready

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Was that on UPS rising or TDU?

The company is demanding givebacks, including a lower rate of pay for package drivers on residential routes, part-time package drivers for weekend deliveries, increased subcontracting, a reduction in guaranteed weekly hours for part-timers and many other concessions.
What about me @MyTripisCut and @Future proposal?

Part time bid driver. Full time pension credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.