Contract talks ... any news? C'mon feeder fill us in!

£?€<€£}¥?!<££>£~^#*<¥\¥€}*{*~£*}£'x<'glKfkfkfm+¥#€<€<!!?'md£?££<'nfn€€[|<!<'glo<££<!<£<£<'lf£<££?£<£?€<€>£<£¥<¥|£|¥]]¥]¥}¥£<!?!?¥•~•|+*€~€~€<!<?€}€<£}€*|€<+<¥€}€<!?!?!?¥<¥••|¥<€€€£€*^>~!£}•[+{£'dh

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
£?€<€£}¥?!<££>£~^#*<¥\¥€}*{*~£*}£'x<'glKfkfkfm+¥#€<€<!!?'md£?££<'nfn€€[|<!<'glo<££<!<£<£<'lf£<££?£<£?€<€>£<£¥<¥|£|¥]]¥]¥}¥£<!?!?¥•~•|+*€~€~€<!<?€}€<£}€*|€<+<¥€}€<!?!?!?¥<¥••|¥<€€€£€*^>~!£}•[+{£'dh

+100

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think we will hear something when it happens. I mean do we all really think if something huge happens we won't hear about it?

ocnewguy

Last union meeting our BA said not to expect any news till february at the earliest. I'm sure rumors will start flying pretty soon

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

No WAY we can let the company get away with that, it's total crap!

anonymous4

Two-tiered pay structure for drivers only, coupled with a longer progression. Bet the house on it.

mayweather-money.gif

A

anonymous6

I heard yesterday that Hoffa and Hall said " This time we are going to ENFORCE the contract."

JohnHatton

The Dude Abides
I heard they were going to up the starting wage to $12.00/h (11.00 for 90 days, then $1.00 raise)

And anyone below that would get bumped up.
If its true, it sucks for the people who have been here for 5 years.

Who knows. Rumors are rumors.

ocnewguy

I heard they were going to up the starting wage to $12.00/h (11.00 for 90 days, then $1.00 raise)

And anyone below that would get bumped up.
If its true, it sucks for the people who have been here for 5 years.
Who knows. Rumors are rumors.

Only way i see that happening is an option for people that don't want the insurance. Which then it should be 15/hr or so IMO. I find it extremely hard to believe either way...would be a welcome sight on my paycheck though. All us part-timers have are dreams...

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would the two-tiered wage system only affect those drivers hired after the contract?

IMO this would be the only fair way to do it.

That's a question only UpstateNYUPSer can answer.

You make it sound as though I want this---I don't but I am also realistic enough to know that something needs to be done to address the wage differential between UPS and Ground. Lower starting wage, longer progression and lower top out ($5/hr or so below top rate) would, over time, help to make us more competitive with Ground.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Would the two-tiered wage system only effect those drivers hired after the contract?
If you are already in progression, you most likely would be grandfathered in under the current contract. There would have to be language in any new contract along the lines of "As of ratification of this new labor agreement, any new hires with a starting date of 8/01/2013 or later will be screwed with a lower top rate of pay along with a 20 year progression to reach same."

anonymous4

Yes, what about us part timers who have been here waiting for a driving gig for a decade. Throw us under the bus too? The only way this should even be a thought is if it applies to NEW HIRES, PERIOD. At least they know what they are coming into. Thousands of us have been anxiously awaiting a driving job and have put in the time; for our brothers to allow something like that to take place would be the biggest turd the union has come up with to date.

av8torntn

IMO this would be the only fair way to do it.

You make it sound as though I want this---I don't but I am also realistic enough to know that something needs to be done to address the wage differential between UPS and Ground. Lower starting wage, longer progression and lower top out ($5/hr or so below top rate) would, over time, help to make us more competitive with Ground.

If the reason for a lower wage was to make UPS competitive then we would also see management, executives, and the management committee members also reduce their total compensation also don't you think?

anonymous4

I think the counter-point would be management are already making industry standard or below for their respective position while drivers are "overpaid" (compared to our Fedex counterparts). Apparently being the best of the best and being compensated as such is something to be so shameful for, even some of our union members feel they don't deserve what they are paid. No, wait.. it is more like current drivers who make what they are worth, feel new drivers don't deserve the same rate of pay they have enjoyed. Meanwhile these same people would not even entertain the idea of a pay cut for themselves.

So, UpstateNYUPSer, since you are the main advocate of this idea (on the forum), would 22.3 also take a pay cut or would they jump ahead of drivers in pay rate?