Contract vs law

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
You guys are bad. I wasn't thinking as in a filing case. I was more curious if the some version of hero pay passed by the government. Not counting on it, but if they did pass some version, would we see it, even though its not in our contract

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You guys are bad. I wasn't thinking as in a filing case. I was more curious if the some version of hero pay passed by the government. Not counting on it, but if they did pass some version, would we see it, even though its not in our contract
Democrats in the House are supposed to pass an 1800 page wishlist of Marxist nonsense today that includes hazard pay. It will go to the Senate where Republicans will proceed to throw most of it in the trash.

El Correcto

god is dead
Don’t waste your bandwidth in something like that. In the slim chance it happens we’ll find out.

Jakamoe

Democrats in the House are supposed to pass an 1800 page wishlist of Marxist nonsense today that includes hazard pay. It will go to the Senate where Republicans will proceed to throw most of it in the trash.

Yup exactly, but it does seem Republicans are on board with some form of hazard pay too. Whether in tax cuts for the workers or something else. We'll see.

Nah

Those kinds of laws usually have exemptions included for organized workforces. Most likely UPS employees would see little or no benefit, but I guess there's only one way to know for sure: see what happens.

Jakamoe

Those kinds of laws usually have exemptions included for organized workforces. Most likely UPS employees would see little or no benefit, but I guess there's only one way to know for sure: see what happens.

Medical staff, police etc are all unionized too. So there would be no "front" line if they did something like that. But yeah, just wait and see