Contracts and retroactive dates, please help e

I live for Brown

I am so confused about the new contract ending in June and not signed and accepted until a few months back. So does it retroact back to the date the last contract ended or the date it was signed is when new rules of I to effect. I will be full time driver 2 years this September, so if it rectroacts ack to June, July We are screwed here. I can't wait another. EXTRA year of :censored2: pay to " finallllly" get the money I so deserve, working my but off for them. I have been there 15 years now, bit have. A sick wife at home and town children, one 13 year old with Asperger's . I pray that I do t hear the wrong answer, but I NEED to know if we have to wait or now. Help please., And sorry for the rant

By The Book

If you were hired after 8/1/13 you should be under the 4 year progression. Is your pay rate $19.50 now? At two years it should be $21.00.

I live for Brown

When I started driving, they took money away from me and I found out that's not legal, so that was a nice bonus check . It infuriates me, why can't they just split the i increase like $5/hr each year bc we cannot love on my pay.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
When I started driving, they took money away from me and I found out that's not legal, so that was a nice bonus check . It infuriates me, why can't they just split the i increase like $5/hr each year bc we cannot love on my pay.
I know it's frustrating but By The Book is correct. Your going to have to endure the 4 year progression on the new contractual because of your September 2013 hire date. These prolonged progression periods have become a serious problem for many hopeful new hires. I assume your a 705 member. No matter which local you pay dues to, the progression rates are the same and are unreasonable. Many people get angry when someone suggests that a no vote on the contract for the sole reason of stopping the never ending extension of the progression rate would be called for, but that is exactly what needs to happen. Unless your a single kid when you start working here, you can hardly afford to take a full time job here anymore. At one time the progression period was 30 days to get to full rate. I am sorry about the extra two years, the senior men and women that vote yes on these contracts don't give a second thought to how difficult it is to raise a family on the low progression rates.

standtall

I have heard too many times FT employees that will tell you "if it does not apply to me I don't care" when it comes to concessions.
It really is a sad attitude that people have developed. Just imagine if the teamsters from 40 and 45 years ago would have had this same attitude toward the junior men and women. There would have been no thought toward future generations=no gains for anyone in the long run.

PT Car Washer

It all started 30 years ago with the two tier wage system for PT. UPS saw how easy it was to divide the rank and file. Next will be Feeder and package car drivers.

By The Book

I was hired officially FT September 1, 2013, but my pay rate is 21,39
If your making $21.39 you must of done some ground work prior to September 1st. 2013.This would have started your progression before that date. You could be red circled until the progression rate catches up to your current pay rate. If I'm reading the 4 year progression rates correctly you won't get a raise until September1,2016. Your pay rate should be $25.00 at that time. How long did you drive part time/ utility before you were hired as a driver full time?

I live for Brown

They decreased my pay when I started driving to 19.50, but my wife butched that was illegal and I fibakkt spoke to a union rep and within o e week I had all my back-pay. Once you're making a certain amount, they cannot just take it away bc PT driver stated at that, I did not and I heard it's done to mostly all the workers unless they catch on.

By The Book

They decreased my pay when I started driving to 19.50, but my wife butched that was illegal and I fibakkt spoke to a union rep and within o e week I had all my back-pay. Once you're making a certain amount, they cannot just take it away bc PT driver stated at that, I did not and I heard it's done to mostly all the workers unless they catch on.
Now you can help the next one going full time with their pay rate. I do feel, and have always felt that a progression longer than 2 years is excessive. I guess the upside is a higher rate of pay when you get done with the progression.

Bottom rung

I have heard too many times FT employees that will tell you "if it does not apply to me I don't care" when it comes to concessions.
There's a bunch who want to retire in the next contract. Guess how many new guys (four year progression) just became active in the union..... I told them they helped sell out their co workers and those guys will never forget the four year pro. So they should expect to get hosed when they're retired.

standtall

E
There's a bunch who want to retire in the next contract. Guess how many new guys (four year progression) just became active in the union..... I told them they helped sell out their co workers and those guys will never forget the four year pro. So they should expect to get hosed when they're retired.
Amen brother. What comes around go's around. Those who cause pain, receive the same sooner or later.

I live for Brown

I am so sickened by hearing and reading some of these threads. I bust my ASS, and do about twice the amount of work as many other of my coworkers and I have to wait an extra year on something that impossible to do in this horrible society right now. I have a wife who became disabled, but can't get approved to it so she has no income. My 13 yo son has a disability, my 6 yo daughter and I cannot afford to live on our own right now. We've had the hardest year of our lives and we just lost my father in law (he was 57) and I loved him more than my own father last Christmas. We are moving to my wife's mothers house to try and save some money and get out of debt. It's very sad to have to wait a WHOLE year for my peak rate all due to ONE month is very frustrating!!!!

I live for Brown

If your making $21.39 you must of done some ground work prior to September 1st. 2013.This would have started your progression before that date. You could be red circled until the progression rate catches up to your current pay rate. If I'm reading the 4 year progression rates correctly you won't get a raise until September1,2016. Your pay rate should be $25.00 at that time. How long did you drive part time/ utility before you were hired as a driver full time?
I am in 449 and my increase will be $35 dollars an hour. Nothing from since I started driving and 4 years at $21, im 35 years old and the youngest FT driver there