Cooler temperatures ahead

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Humidity is the worst, simple as that. No matter how cold during the winter you can always add another layer.

Drivers are paid by the hour, follow safe methods during icy/snowy days and be thankful for the extra time. I'd think being paid to drive in lousy weather is the best few weeks of the year. Sloooooooooooooow down!

You have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Humidity is the worst, simple as that. No matter how cold during the winter you can always add another layer.

Drivers are paid by the hour, follow safe methods during icy/snowy days and be thankful for the extra time. I'd think being paid to drive in lousy weather is the best few weeks of the year. Sloooooooooooooow down!
Umm, no. Driving in ice and snow is the WORST time of year to be a driver. It's very stressful and draining, and then if you add Peak on top of it? No fun. 10 hours feels like 14.

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Umm, no. Driving in ice and snow is the WORST time of year to be a driver. It's very stressful and draining, and then if you add Peak on top of it? No fun. 10 hours feels like 14.

I wouldn't want to do it. For all the heat/humidity/hurricanes etc, I would not want to do this in snow or ice.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I wouldn't want to do it. For all the heat/humidity/hurricanes etc, I would not want to do this in snow or ice.
Then there's the walking. Hopefully, you find a good pair of boots that will keep your feet warm and dry. But you still have to worry if the next step will cause you to end up flat on your back. Unshoveled/unplowed driveways and walkways, etc.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Few weeks?

Try four months, D*.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It's not nearly as bad as it sounds.

You work in town now. And, where you live, the town is probably pretty damned good at dealing with snow.

You have said that you once had a rural route, but try one in late January and early February with 100 miles to/from every day.

It can get bad in a hurry.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You work in town now. And, where you live, the town is probably pretty damned good at dealing with snow.

You have said that you once had a rural route, but try one in late January and early February with 100 miles to/from every day.

And then it gets dark early......

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_0183.JPG

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
my expertise is dealing with tropical storms/hurricanes /crappy heat and flooding.

Snow is not in my skill set. Could I do it? Sure, given time. Do I want to???

Nah. I have enough character building down here.

We do have tropical storms, crappy heat, flooding and snow and ice. Usually the winds aren't bad, well, unless we get a low level tornado or a microburst.

Come up this winter, and give it a try.