Coronavirus

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That said, from what I read here, it seems folks have to buy their own uniforms (socks is a frequent topic). Is that not accurate?

The company provides the uniforms.

Purchasing the socks, is (kind of) a requirement since the inception of shorts.

(which is loosely enforced)

"Effective May 1, 1994, short uniform trousers will be provided as an option for package and feeder drivers at no cost to the employee. Such shorts may only be worn in compliance with uniform and appearance standards established by the Employer."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

And I do mean "loosely enforced".

The company policy was "no tattoos".... but they changed that.

-Bug-

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
56B9F7F8-2086-4503-90E6-3257933AD8AA.jpeg

This must be why there is no toilet paper on the shelves. Lol.

The company provides the uniforms.

Purchasing the socks, is (kind of) a requirement since the inception of shorts.

(which is loosely enforced)

"Effective May 1, 1994, short uniform trousers will be provided as an option for package and feeder drivers at no cost to the employee. Such shorts may only be worn in compliance with uniform and appearance standards established by the Employer."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

And I do mean "loosely enforced".

The company policy was "no tattoos".... but they changed that.

-Bug-
Big Union concerns over coronavirus are gloves and socks. He’ll tell us to wash our hands next. Our union is trash.

rickyb

as is venezuela:

Aaron Maté
@aaronjmate

·
Mar 9
They’re under crippling, murderous US sanctions that prevented the import of vital medical equipment
Quote Tweet
j0dSHvkO_normal.jpg

Chris Hayes
@chrislhayes
· Mar 8
Just apropos of nothing, Iran's egregious mishandling of the virus led to 10% of its parliament infected. A good standard for a government that is Failing At Coronavirus Policy is senior politicians getting the virus.

rickyb

Who cares? Prison is supposed to be punitive not vacation. I don’t see anything wrong with those things. Does the person think everyone in prison should have their own cell and bathroom with daily sheet changing? That’s just crazy.
yea it should be hygenic unless being unhygenic is part of the punishment that we as a society voted for. not because the govt spent all of its budget on war and tax cuts to the rich, and took money from everything else.

prison should rehabilitate.

rickyb

Matt Stoller Retweeted

Ian Welsh
@iwelsh

·
1h
Look, Trump is acting exactly like the average CEO or senior executive in America: he is managing the numbers, not the underlying reality.
Quote Tweet
O_J7exRl_normal.jpg

Ms. Krassenstein
@HKrassenstein
· 8h
Trump has now blocked the CDC from issuing guidance people over 60 years old to stop flying. He has also asked that immigration courts remove posters that educate the public about #COVID19. It’s as if he doesn’t care how many people are infected, as long as we don’t find out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
yea it should be hygenic unless being unhygenic is part of the punishment that we as a society voted for. not because the govt spent all of its budget on war and tax cuts to the rich, and took money from everything else.

prison should rehabilitate.
So you think serial killers and child molesters can be rehabilitated? Rehabilitation is only part of the purpose of prisons and only for those capable of being rehabilitated.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Just apropos of nothing, Iran's egregious mishandling of the virus led to 10% of its parliament infected.
A good standard for a government that is Failing At Coronavirus Policy is senior politicians getting the virus.
That's a good thing ... I think all politicians should get Covid-19 ... let God sort them out. :arabia: :shifty:

rickyb

the situation in italy. mortgage payments suspended for the banks. thoughts and prayers to the bankers:

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
Replying to
@jasonvanschoor
2/ First, Lumbardy is the most developed region in Italy and it has a extraordinary good healthcare, I have worked in Italy, UK and Aus and don’t make the mistake to think that what is happening is happening in a 3rd world country.

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
3/ The current situation is difficult to imagine and numbers do not explain things at all. Our hospitals are overwhelmed by Covid-19, they are running 200% capacity

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
4/ We’ve stopped all routine, all ORs have been converted to ITUs and they are now diverting or not treating all other emergencies like trauma or strokes. There are hundreds of pts with severe resp failure and many of them do not have access to anything above a reservoir mask.

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
5/ Patients above 65 or younger with comorbidities are not even assessed by ITU, I am not saying not tubed, I’m saying not assessed and no ITU staff attends when they arrest. Staff are working as much as they can but they are starting to get sick and are emotionally overwhelmed.

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
6/ My friends call me in tears because they see people dying in front of them and they con only offer some oxygen. Ortho and pathologists are being given a leaflet and sent to see patients on NIV. PLEASE STOP, READ THIS AGAIN AND THINK.

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
7/ We have seen the same pattern in different areas a week apart, and there is no reason that in a few weeks it won’t be the same everywhere, this is the pattern:

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
8/ 1)A few positive cases, first mild measures, people are told to avoid ED but still hang out in groups, everyone says not to panick 2)Some moderate resp failures and a few severe ones that need tube, but regular access to ED is significantly reduced so everything looks great

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
9/ 3)Tons of patients with moderate resp failure, that overtime deteriorate to saturate ICUs first, then NIVs, then CPAP hoods, then even O2. 4)Staff gets sick so it gets difficult to cover for shifts, mortality spikes also from all other causes that can’t be treated properly.

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
10/ Everything about how to treat them is online but the only things that will make a difference are: do not be afraid of massively strict measures to keep people safe,

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
11/ if governments won’t do this at least keep your family safe, your loved ones with history of cancer or diabetes or any transplant will not be tubed if they need it even if they are young. By safe I mean YOU do not attend them and YOU decide who does and YOU teach them how to.

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
12/ Another typical attitude is read and listen to people saying things like this and think “that’s bad dude” and then go out for dinner because you think you’ll be safe.

Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor

·
19h
13/ We have seen it, you won’t be if you don’t take it seriously. I really hope it won’t be as bad as here but prepare.

rickyb

So you think serial killers and child molesters can be rehabilitated? Rehabilitation is only part of the purpose of prisons and only for those capable of being rehabilitated.
talking out of my ass here, i think they should be, whether they succeed or not is another question.

we the people should be the ones deciding whether our prisons are hygenic or not, and just or not. not the govt which stole money from everywhere to fund the war.