Coronavirus

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
you can spread it on surfaces too. dont have to be within 6 feet.

You can. Just like you can catch it if someone sneezed right into your open mouth, but neither is nearly as common as aerosol spread. Being in enclosed spaces, breathing the same air as an infected person for long periods of time is the most common way it is spread. Which is why I say social distancing probably doesn't help as much as people like to make it seem.

That CDC survey study that was done in July focused in on how many positive cases had eaten at a restaurant in the prior 14 days. I think there's something to be said for aerosols settling onto the relatively large surfaces areas of food on a plate, that are then put directly into your mouth. This is probably why someone in my family always seems to get sick when we eat at a restaurant.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You can. Just like you can catch it if someone sneezed right into your open mouth, but neither is nearly as common as aerosol spread. Being in enclosed spaces, breathing the same air as an infected person for long periods of time is the most common way it is spread. Which is why I say social distancing probably doesn't help as much as people like to make it seem.

That CDC survey study that was done in July focused in on how many positive cases had eaten at a restaurant in the prior 14 days. I think there's something to be said for aerosols settling onto the relatively large surfaces areas of food on a plate, that are then put directly into your mouth. This is probably why someone in my family always seems to get sick when we eat at a restaurant.
Actually your digestive juices are a formidable defense. Your nose and eyes are much more vulnerable.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Actually your digestive juices are a formidable defense. Your nose and eyes are much more vulnerable.

People do apparently get covid 19 infections in their GI tract. It turns out, however, that your mouth is also connected to the other parts of your body that get infected by covid. That stuff can easily get up into your sinuses, and from there work down into the lungs.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
People do apparently get covid 19 infections in their GI tract. It turns out, however, that
your mouth is also connected to the other parts of your body that get infected by covid.
That stuff can easily get up into your sinus bones, and from there work down into the lungs because ...
... The toe bone's connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone's connected to the ankle bone,
The ankle bone's connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone's connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone's connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone's connected to the hip bone,
The hip bone's connected to the back bone
The back bone's connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone's connected to the head bone,
And head bone is connected to the sinus bones ...

224,416 dead Americans, 8.353+ million infected. Yesterday saw another 638 dead. America is seeing a surge in infected and an increase in deaths. As we’ve learned deaths always come two or three weeks after the surge. Yesterday’s 638 dead was the most for a Sat. in a month. Once again Florida led in deaths and Texas with infections. The anti-mask states are having the highest increases in infections. Any mask is better than no mask!

224,416 dead Americans, 8.353+ million infected. Yesterday saw another 638 dead. America is seeing a surge in infected and an increase in deaths. As we’ve learned deaths always come two or three weeks after the surge. Yesterday’s 638 dead was the most for a Sat. in a month. Once again Florida led in deaths and Texas with infections. The anti-mask states are having the highest increases in infections. Any mask is better than no mask!
When I fart the mask doesn't stop the smell. How is it going to stop COVID-19?

Last edited:

rickyb

More proof that masks work. Donald Trump has told Tennessee Gov. Lee to mandate masks. We know that you right wingers hate doctors who recommend them. So Trump is telling you to wear masks. He doesn’t have to! You do! More proof right wingers are mentally ill.Tennessee is a hot spot. The red states are failing at Coronavirus response. White House: Tennessee mask mandate 'must be implemented'
yea the red states really are. overwhelmingly the states with the most cases are red except for cali and one other blue state.