Coronavirus

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Jumpin Jack Flash

Jumpin Jack Flash Active Member

What are the Union and UPS’s plan for an infected employee at a facility? This could spread like wildfire at UPS. We all know safety is UPS and the Unions number 1 priority.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. yadadamean116

yadadamean116 Active Member

Adjust to changing conditions

3. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Expect the unexpected

4. Justaloader

Justaloader Active Member

Lol don't be surprised if brown rubber gloves become part of the uniform......at the employee's expense, of course.

5. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

How would that happen ?

6. Justaloader

Where there is a will, there is a way. Granted, I was being sarcastic, but, I wouldn't be surprised if the Safety division isn't already in talk with the Teamsters about an interim addendum to modify the uniform in an effort to "protect" workers....aka keep them from getting sick while at work and claiming worker's comp. (which, would be ironic if the claims weren't processed due to Liberty Mutual being closed to prevent it's own staff from being subject to the spread of it). It's almost comical how people are reacting to this whole thing.

7. Jumpin Jack Flash

let it be noted that Big Union Guys first concern is gloves. Oh lord my union dues.

8. BigUnionGuy

Umm.... no.

My concern is why @Justaloader thinks he would be expected to pay for them.

9. Justaloader

Mind you - I load trailers in the evenings, so I don't have any first hand knowledge of required uniforms. The only things they require us twilight guys to have is boots. That said, from what I read here, it seems folks have to buy their own uniforms (socks is a frequent topic). Is that not accurate? If you don't have to buy your own uniforms, then I apologize and admit my mistake.

That said, many discussions with folks in my hub that have been there a long time have revealed that UPS used to give out hats, shirts, gloves, all kinds of different things to the employees. However, over the last few years, all of that has gone away. My hub doesn't give out anything, which is a shame really. You'd be surprised how far something as simple as a shirt or gloves goes for employee morale. Granted, there is an argument to be made as for the cost to the company for those items, and one could say "well, you come in and work, you get paid...and that's the end of it"....and of course there is always the question of the company actually giving a :censored2: about morale. I can see the mentality of "who cares if people are happy - so long as the work is getting done, screw 'em".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  10. BigUnionGuy

The company provides the uniforms.

Purchasing the socks, is (kind of) a requirement since the inception of shorts.

(which is loosely enforced)

"Effective May 1, 1994, short uniform trousers will be provided as an option for package and feeder drivers at no cost to the employee. Such shorts may only be worn in compliance with uniform and appearance standards established by the Employer."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

And I do mean "loosely enforced".

The company policy was "no tattoos".... but they changed that.

-Bug-

11. Jumpin Jack Flash

Big Union concerns over coronavirus are gloves and socks. He’ll tell us to wash our hands next. Our union is trash.

12. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Well you're a PT sup now. What are you doing about it?

13. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

they are gonna handout masks the problem is they didn’t order enough so you have to share with preload and twilight

14. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

It's funny because its true

15. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

What is Ups’s plan for the seasonal flu outbreak that happens every single year?

16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

PT air drivers.

17. Brownslave688

That seems to be your centers answer for everything lol

18. Jumpin Jack Flash

America has a flu shot. Do you not have insurance?

19. Brownslave688

99A9D208-E05F-4AB5-95EA-6DC39FF168A0.gif

20. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Masked and ready

He's paying $109 for Purell

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List