Corporate Response?

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Lmfao. They will not be using the lower 3/4ths of the workforce they have till summer. They will not be hiring " in the next few weeks"....

OK, well numerous people informed me that our hub was hiring fourteen new drivers and possibly more later in the year. Three different centers. The answer to your next question is NC :)

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

You could be right Johnny football! I remember a few years ago when they posted four package car bids and not award them due to "not enough volume" But stay on topic with me here. The question I have is this. Will UPS ever change there strategy and put on more drivers to cut down on overtime? Isn't paying guys 10 plus hours of over time a week not killing them?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You could be right Johnny football! I remember a few years ago when they posted four package car bids and not award them due to "not enough volume" But stay on topic with me here. The question I have is this. Will UPS ever change there strategy and put on more drivers to cut down on overtime? Isn't paying guys 10 plus hours of over time a week not killing them?
Nope. Saving them way more by not paying the 8 hour guarantee ,benefits ,and pension.

Nope. Less drivers less trucks less supervisors less mechanics less loaders less, well you get the idea.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

So then either package car drivers except no family life ,for the most part, or give a little on pay wages/ and pension in future contracts so it doesn't save them money. I don't see having best of both worlds right? So I guess what I'm asking is have we as union members created this monster?

So then either package car drivers except no family life ,for the most part, or give a little on pay wages/ and pension in future contracts so it doesn't save them money. I don't see having best of both worlds right? So I guess what I'm asking is have we as union members created this monster?
Mostly because of greed. There are a lot more protections now for excessive work hours then there ever was before. The job is a blue collar Union job. Maybe you should have studied harder when you were in school.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I did. Masters/Seminary. Greed on which side? UPS or Union or both?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I don't know if I agree that all blue collar Union jobs automatically presuppose long hours!

Is UPS going out of business? Please keep me informed so I can cash out my sick, vacations, and optionals.