Corporations are not people

wkmac

Corporations are creatures of the State. They only come into being as a result of State action and historically no non state entity has created a corporation as we know it. If the corporation is the problem and I agree with some analysis on this matter, with the corporation being the child of the parent, which is the state, what does this say about the State itself?

IMO this is where the Occupy movement has gotten it wrong by not going that next step but then so-called limited gov't types also get it wrong too!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The premise of the "move to amend" as I understood is to reverse the 2008 decision Citizens_United_v._Federal_Election_Commission which bottom line, corporations or unions cannot endorse advertising for or against political candidates 60 days prior to elections.

In my opinion; if you watch TV, listen to radio, etc and are influenced by that outside source ( which of course is generally toxic information) then you take the risk of being "bought" by corporations. Most of the U.S. sway is bought by corporations every day, many times without having known they were. I'm having trouble seeing why voters and their decisions are not held accountable, instead of the swindlers, who are spending the money?

The premise of the "move to amend" as I understood is to reverse the 2008 decision Citizens_United_v._Federal_Election_Commission which bottom line, corporations or unions cannot endorse advertising for or against political candidates 60 days prior to elections.

In my opinion; if you watch TV, listen to radio, etc and are influenced by that outside source ( which of course is generally toxic information) then you take the risk of being "bought" by corporations. Most of the U.S. sway is bought by corporations every day, many times without having known they were. I'm having trouble seeing why voters and their decisions are not held accountable, instead of the swindlers, who are spending the money?

I understood it the same way.

For me personally, I take all political ads with a grain of salt, regardless of who it supports or reports on. What they do is encourage me to research in a direction that I may not have previously considered .

To add, I don't think I have ever made a decision on any matter based on a TV ad.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I understood it the same way.

For me personally, I take all political ads with a grain of salt, regardless of who it supports or reports on. What they do is encourage me to research in a direction that I may not have previously considered .

To add, I don't think I have ever made a decision on any matter based on a TV ad.
The problem is obviously much deeper than we probably understand (at least I). This is where I would conclude the entire system is messed up and there is really no use fixing these cracks in the walls without tearing down the entire structure including the foundation.

The problem is obviously much deeper than we probably understand (at least I). This is where I would conclude the entire system is messed up and there is really no use fixing these cracks in the walls without tearing down the entire structure including the foundation.
What do you do during the following ciaos?

brett636

If you hate corporations so much why not just stop buying from them? Not all business are corporations. Only the ones whose owners are wise enough to understand that its important to separate their private assets from their business assets so their personal home, car, etc. are not at risk if the business were to fail.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you hate corporations so much why not just stop buying from them? Not all business are corporations. Only the ones whose owners are wise enough to understand that its important to separate their private assets from their business assets so their personal home, car, etc. are not at risk if the business were to fail.

I consciously do that a lot. Pay by cash a lot too!

assuming you mean chaos? nothing different, protect my fortress with advanced weapons and live off of the land with my wife. :wink2:
Yes, that's what I meant, thank you for the correction. That error shows the problem with phonetic spelling.

How think are the walls on your fortress? Do you have a moat? How much land do you and your wife own?
Ya know Hank jr has said, " a country boy can survive"

wkmac

What I find a bit disturbing is that people don't consider what we have now from "The System" as being a form of chaos in itself. But yet moving out of "The System" and even back to a more localized form of societal self organization is or would be pure chaos in their mind. In the song "Country Boy Will Survive" what gives the country boy the edge is the knowledge of how to do it and in his case how it would work. We've just been conditioned to believe and think that we need people at the top to tell us how it's done and how we should live when in fact, we'd be better served to use the wealth of knowledge and wisdom that lives and works around us everyday.

Everybody always speaking of the founding fathers as being the epitome of wisdom and yet we almost blindly trust the societal organizational structure we have today. But let's ask ourselves (all of us) this one question. If our founders we so wise and smart and in many respects they were (not perfect men) why is our society today so very much different in regards to gov't scale, in regards to how people are treated and seen before the law and in just basic human decency?

Martin Luther King once said,

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

And he was right too!

And why do you think going around "The System" will involve or result in chaos? Then again fear is a powerful weapon that is the whip that beats the masses into compliance.

What I find a bit disturbing is that people don't consider what we have now from "The System" as being a form of chaos in itself. But yet moving out of "The System" and even back to a more localized form of societal self organization is or would be pure chaos in their mind. In the song "Country Boy Will Survive" what gives the country boy the edge is the knowledge of how to do it and in his case how it would work. We've just been conditioned to believe and think that we need people at the top to tell us how it's done and how we should live when in fact, we'd be better served to use the wealth of knowledge and wisdom that lives and works around us everyday.

Everybody always speaking of the founding fathers as being the epitome of wisdom and yet we almost blindly trust the societal organizational structure we have today. But let's ask ourselves (all of us) this one question. If our founders we so wise and smart and in many respects they were (not perfect men) why is our society today so very much different in regards to gov't scale, in regards to how people are treated and seen before the law and in just basic human decency?

Martin Luther King once said,

And he was right too!

And why do you think going around "The System" will involve or result in chaos? Then again fear is a powerful weapon that is the whip that beats the masses into compliance.

I see nothing at all wrong with how this guy got his business started. In fact he is much better off for doing it this way. I don't know of anyone that would oppose this, except maybe for banks and in this case the banks didn't want his business.
However what you, Sleeve and a few others are advocating would do away with anything but this kind of start up and would also remove some of the protections (as inept as they sometimes are) that government involvement provides. In the "free produce market" that you have mentioned before, it sounds like a wonderful idea, on the surface. What a great thing not to have to answer to anyone on how your business survives, no government involvement. What a wonderful wonderful world. That is wonderful until one of the vendors, knowingly or not, sells bushels of produce contaminated with e coli. How many people could die before the "free market" shut him down and at what cost to the public? That is not to say that the current system is perfect, far from it, but without that system it would much harder to pinpoint the problem.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yes, that's what I meant, thank you for the correction. That error shows the problem with phonetic spelling.

How think are the walls on your fortress? Do you have a moat? How much land do you and your wife own?
Ya know Hank jr has said, " a country boy can survive"

hank jr. had it right.

804brown

"It is now a well-accepted fact that our system for financing presidential and congressional campaigns is fundamentally corrupt and pernicious. The only way to ensure effective and honest representation by lawmakers is through decisive campaign finance reform, with public funding of campaigns." R Nader

“The expense of political campaigns creates a clear advantage for the highest spender. Money dominates the dissemination of campaign messages, mainly waged on television in the form of sound bites. This economic stranglehold of campaigns makes politics a game for only the rich or the richly funded. This silences alternative viewpoints and turns off many voters who do not feel represented by privileged candidates.”
Nader

"We must reclaim our democracy from the accelerating grip of big-money politics and concentrated corporate media. This requires real campaign finance reform, which means public financing of public elections; some free access to ballot qualified candidates on television and radio; vigorous antitrust regulation and enforcement; ending broadcasters' free licensed use of the public airwaves; and the reversion of some organized time on our publicly owned airwaves to establish audience-controlled radio and TV networks to ensure the diversity of voices and solutions necessary for a really free press and a true civic democracy." Nader

wkmac

tumblr_lufpiuw5VF1r4t8iho1_500.jpg
tumblr_lufpiuw5VF1r4t8iho1_500.jpg