Corporations / Citizens

rickyb

I find the thread "Conservative / Liberal" follows a false narrative of whats really wrong with america. I dont really think that is the divide. Conservatives and Liberals agree on many issues.

The real problem is the corporate government vs the citizen.

"The seizure of political and economic power by corporations is unassailable. Who funds and manages our elections? Who writes our legislation and laws? Who determines our defense policies and vast military expenditures? Who is in charge of the Department of the Interior? The Department of Homeland Security? Our intelligence agencies? The Department of Agriculture? The Food and Drug Administration? The Department of Labor? The Federal Reserve? The mass media? Our systems of entertainment? Our prisons and schools? Who determines our trade and environmental policies? Who imposes austerity on the public while enabling the looting of the U.S. Treasury and the tax boycott by Wall Street? Who criminalizes dissent?"

oldngray

nowhere special
troll thread.png

rickyb

was listening to a david graeber speech the other day and he said something like "america is the most or one of the most corrupt countries in the world, and the only reason it doesnt rank worse on the corruption index is because alot of the bribery is legalized and therefore not counted".

he also semi jokingly said he fled america for europe.

newfie

I find the thread "Conservative / Liberal" follows a false narrative of whats really wrong with america. I dont really think that is the divide. Conservatives and Liberals agree on many issues.

The real problem is the corporate government vs the citizen.

"The seizure of political and economic power by corporations is unassailable. Who funds and manages our elections? Who writes our legislation and laws? Who determines our defense policies and vast military expenditures? Who is in charge of the Department of the Interior? The Department of Homeland Security? Our intelligence agencies? The Department of Agriculture? The Food and Drug Administration? The Department of Labor? The Federal Reserve? The mass media? Our systems of entertainment? Our prisons and schools? Who determines our trade and environmental policies? Who imposes austerity on the public while enabling the looting of the U.S. Treasury and the tax boycott by Wall Street? Who criminalizes dissent?"

could you hold off on your corporate armagedon , I have a few more years of working for one before I retire.

newfie

was listening to a david graeber speech the other day and he said something like "america is the most or one of the most corrupt countries in the world, and the only reason it doesnt rank worse on the corruption index is because alot of the bribery is legalized and therefore not counted".

he also semi jokingly said he fled america for europe.

good riddance, Canada wouldn't take him?

rickyb

middle class is a minority now. meanwhile corporations have record profits. corporations and the 1% or whatever get what they want. everyone else eats it.

#11 If you can believe it, the 20 wealthiest people in this country now have more money than the poorest 152 million Americans combined.

#12 The top 0.1 percent of all American families have about as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent of all American families combined.

#13 If you have no debt and you also have ten dollars in your pocket, that gives you a greater net worth than about 25 percent of all Americans.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-fi-middle-class-erosion-20151209-story.html

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I qualify for # 13 . yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .
But how would I compare to an average Canadian ?
rickyb , I need to know .
PLEASE post the comparison .

rickyb

Why not ?
Are you ashamed that Canadians are poorer , like you .
are we? we didnt have a housing bubble pop yet, and i would guess our wages might be higher. plus we had a smaller recession relative to you.

but like i said before, i dont have many canadian sources.

moreluck

golden ticket member
are we? we didnt have a housing bubble pop yet, and i would guess our wages might be higher. plus we had a smaller recession relative to you.

but like i said before, i dont have many canadian sources.
Housing bubble ??? Like a 3 bdrm 2 bath basic house for $800,000 ??? That's Canadian prices!! No thanks.

rickyb

matt taibbi talks about corporate crime and how they get off for free, or dont go to jail.

and then he talks about the other end of the spectrum which would be policing for blacks which is a combination of racism and collecting revenue.

side note on purpose: i listen to political stuff all the time, when im cooking, brushing my teeth, at work i can do it, etc. its about making the most out of your time.

newfie

matt taibbi talks about corporate crime and how they get off for free, or dont go to jail.

and then he talks about the other end of the spectrum which would be policing for blacks which is a combination of racism and collecting revenue.

side note on purpose: i listen to political stuff all the time, when im cooking, brushing my teeth, at work i can do it, etc. its about making the most out of your time.

another successful capitalist bad mothing the system that helped him be successful.