Corporations / Citizens

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I put DIDO on 'IGNORE' and Current Events IQ went up 15 points.
That's not 'ignore'.
That's because I have DIDO/them on 'Ignore'/IGNORE and I choose to read their posts when I feel like it.

'Ignore' or IGNORE is a status not a verb.

I am surprised ... I would have thought that with your blazing intellect, you would have realized that when a word is capitalized and in quotes, it has a meaning different from the normal use of the word.

Sportello

That's because I have DIDO/them on 'Ignore'/IGNORE and I choose to read their posts when I feel like it.

'Ignore' or IGNORE is a status not a verb.

I am surprised ... I would have thought that with your blazing intellect, you would have realized that when a word is capitalized and in quotes, it has a meaning different from the normal use of the word.
Okay, if you say so. You the boss.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Okay, if you say so. You the boss.
How do you like my BOSS romper?

Romper seethru.jpg

rickyb

i know ppl who were victims of lack of enforcement of certain crimes but on the other hand cops investigated when corporations were being targeted.

Opinion | America is swarming with Paul Manaforts

One possible lesson of the many brazen, conspicuous scandals related to President Trump and others in his orbit: The U.S. government has been massively underinvesting in enforcement and prosecution of white-collar crime.

Federal prosecutions of white-collar crime — a category that includes tax, corporate, health-care or securities fraud, among other crimes — are on track this year to reach their lowest level on record. That’s according to data compiled by Syracuse University’s Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC), whose data go back to 1986. Prosecutions of crimes related to public corruption are also on pace to set a record low.

22YD7OUZZAI6RBB3G3QXP4YIDQ.png

Yet we have little reason to believe actual levels of such crimes have decreased. So why has enforcement plummeted? That’s subject to some debate.

The Trump administration has openly prioritized prosecution of other crimes, particularly those related to immigration. But the downward trend in white-collar and official-corruption prosecutions predates the Trump presidency. The Barack Obama administration, you may recall, was often criticized for failing to hold corporations and executives accountable in the wake of the financial crisis.

Some argue that big corporations and the wealthy have become too politically influential. Jesse Eisinger, in his excellent book “The Chicken:censored2: Club: Why the Justice Department Fails to Prosecute Executives ,” blames a culture of risk aversion in the ranks of the Justice Department

rickyb

The answer is more disturbing than the questions: We don’t know. We don’t know because the cops aren’t on the beat. Resources have been stripped from white-collar enforcement. The FBI shifted agents to work on international terror in the wake of 9/11. White-collar cases made up about one-tenth of the Justice Department’s cases in recent years, compared with one-fifth in the early 1990s. The IRS’ criminal enforcement capabilities have been decimated by years of budget cuts and attrition. The Federal Election Commission is a toothless organization that is widely flouted.

Why Manafort and Cohen Thought They’d Get Away With It — ProPublica

...But the problem goes beyond big banks. The Department of Justice — in both Democratic and Republican administrations — has lost the will and ability to prosecute top executives across corporate America, at large industrial firms, tech giants, retailers, drug makers and so on. Instead the Department of Justice reaches settlements with corporations, which pay in dollars instead of the liberty of their top officers and directors

...ndeed it’s worse than that. The government has essentially privatized corporate law enforcement. The government effectively outsources the investigations to the companies themselves. The companies, typically trying to appear cooperative or to forestall government action, hire law firms to do internal investigations.

rickyb

a financial blockade against alex jones. i dont agree with alot of what he says, but this is very dangerous. thank god for crypto.

Stephen Punwasi‏ @StephenPunwasi 4h4 hours ago

While I wouldn’t miss Alex Jones dissappearing from the net, it’s pretty disturbing that only a handful of payment companies facilitate e-commerce around the world, and they have political bias. #crypto

1 reply 0 retweets 18 likes

rickyb

a handful of corporations control something that was invented by the public and developed by us for decades:

Jimmy Dore‏Verified account @jimmy_dore 12h12 hours ago

Jimmy Dore Retweeted Caitlin Johnstone

Youtube does this too, 10,000 subscribers a month are unsubscribed from my channel against their will, its how the establishment is trying to regain their pro war narrative and yank it back for Truth tellers. Its real.

Jimmy Dore added,

Caitlin Johnstone @caitoz
Twitter is still unfollowing people from my account to keep it below 38k. If you want to see my stuff the best way is to get on the mailing list for my website here: Caitlin Johnstone
57 replies 336 retweets 812 likes