Correct Rules on Tardiness in WA state

I get several different answers when I ask what are the rules to tardiness; is there some place where they are posted? Is the term occurence just an incident or is it an incident that has been written up? Thank You

meritocracy

UPS doesn't have an official attendance policy. If they like you or it isn't hurting their operation they won't do anything. If they don't like you or you're hurting the operation they're gonna follow progressive discipline: warning letter -> suspension -> termination. If they actually tried to terminate you for tardiness and you have a decent business agent you could probably get your job back due to the lack of an actual attendance policy. My advice is to make it easier for yourself and leave early enough that you will be clocked in and ready to work at least 15 minutes before your start time.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
UPS doesn't have an official attendance policy. If they like you or it isn't hurting their operation they won't do anything. If they don't like you or you're hurting the operation they're gonna follow progressive discipline: warning letter -> suspension -> termination. If they actually tried to terminate you for tardiness and you have a decent business agent you could probably get your job back due to the lack of an actual attendance policy. My advice is to make it easier for yourself and leave early enough that you will be clocked in and ready to work at least 15 minutes before your start time.
I always come in early enough to grab a coffee and a muffin from the roach coach that comes into the barn. I only see most of the guys in the Am. It’s a chance to shoot the breeze and catch up on the latest scuttlebutt. I don’t like rushing around in the morning, some guys come in at the last minute. To each his own, but be on time.

Thanks for the candor....I am not the one with the "late" problem; a friend who has a lot of problems right now and could use some clarity on her situation; I think they just don't like her......Thanks Again...

Saca La

What is it?
I always come in early enough to grab a coffee and a muffin from the roach coach that comes into the barn. I only see most of the guys in the Am. It’s a chance to shoot the breeze and catch up on the latest scuttlebutt. I don’t like rushing around in the morning, some guys come in at the last minute. To each his own, but be on time.
I am one of those “last minute drivers”. I come in around 8:40-8:42 and it gives me enough time to punch in on time. Go to pcm and start my day. No way would I work for free because I have a heavy day. Some days are light. Some days are not

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I am one of those “last minute drivers”. I come in around 8:40-8:42 and it gives me enough time to punch in on time. Go to pcm and start my day. No way would I work for free because I have a heavy day. Some days are light. Some days are not
I’m not on the clock when I’m drinking coffee, just socializing. I punch in same as you, I just don’t like to go from my car to the truck.