cost of health insurance for retirees

bowhnterdon

Thinking about retirement in the next year or so.I have 32 years in now,but am only 51.I have looked at the cost of health insurance in my area(Joint council #83),and the numbers are hard to take.It will be $680 a month for me and $730 for family,with reduced coverage amounts.Was looking for input on the cost from other areas/supplements.

DorkHead

When I retire very soon, it will cost me $200.00/month for me and my wife till the end of 2015. Then it jumps to $300.00/month till the end of 2018. We will be covered for 80% of the cost and responsible for the remainder 20% during these years. Upstate NY pension plan.

The Milkman

When I retire very soon, it will cost me $200.00/month for me and my wife till the end of 2015. Then it jumps to $300.00/month till the end of 2018. We will be covered for 80% of the cost and responsible for the remainder 20% during these years. Upstate NY pension plan.

Well I guess I shouldn't complain...I pay now $100 for myself, would of been paying like you but my wife turned 65 last year and was kicked off. We can thank all the YES voters for our costs. When I retired I was told I would have to pay $50 a month till age 65 ( 2 more yrs) in addition to the increase I assume you will also have a deductbile (did not have one before) like me, and pay 20% for prescriptions which were free before the YES voters decided that they would enjoy paying more for their healthcare when they retired. Oh well I guess it's better than Obamacare

oldngray

nowhere special
Well I guess I shouldn't complain...I pay now $100 for myself, would of been paying like you but my wife turned 65 last year and was kicked off. We can thank all the YES voters for our costs. When I retired I was told I would have to pay $50 a month till age 65 ( 2 more yrs) in addition to the increase I assume you will also have a deductbile (did not have one before) like me, and pay 20% for prescriptions which were free before the YES voters decided that they would enjoy paying more for their healthcare when they retired. Oh well I guess it's better than Obamacare

Same for me and it is $100 per month only for this year. It goes up to $150 next year and who know how bad it will get in the next contract.

The Milkman

Same for me and it is $100 per month only for this year. It goes up to $150 next year and who know how bad it will get in the next contract.

I will be out of it by then.......At least I got almost 8 years of what I was told I would get till age 65.I feel for those who retired the last year or 2 in my old Local 177 that were told the same thing as me and now are stuck untill they reach age 65 paying for heaalthcare that they were not planning on doing....

oldupsman

I will be out of it by then.......At least I got almost 8 years of what I was told I would get till age 65.I feel for those who retired the last year or 2 in my old Local 177 that were told the same thing as me and now are stuck untill they reach age 65 paying for heaalthcare that they were not planning on doing....

Mine went up to 200.00 a month this year for me and the wife. I'm expecting 300.00 a month next year. Poor
bastards still don't realize what they voted for. No doubt the union is going down the tubes. I don't feel sorry for
them anymore. They're doing it to themselves.

The Milkman

Mine went up to 200.00 a month this year for me and the wife. I'm expecting 300.00 a month next year. Poor
bastards still don't realize what they voted for. No doubt the union is going down the tubes. I don't feel sorry for
them anymore. They're doing it to themselves.

I hear ya...Union getting weaker and weaker contract after contract.....The sad thing is that the YES voters think they got a Great contract...Someday..........They will feel what we feel today, As many newbies are brainwashed to vote YES, you would think those who have been there any length of time would try to educate them..........Instead we get a crappy contract that affects everyone including us retirees Jammed down our throats, all the while UPS continues to benefit off their backsides. benefits earned and fought for so easily given up without so much as a whimper..SAD To say the least

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hmmmm ... I pay nothing for my wife or myself but we do have the copays.
One of the few times management is better than Union.
I actually saved about 3 hundred a month when I retired.
I don't anticipate any changes with the next contract.

The Milkman

With that being said you are right..ONE of the few times...But then again you paid a hefty price along the way...I am sure your strings were fairly worn out by the time you hung it up

The Milkman

How did you know I played the guitar?

My Avatar speaks volumes of what I thought of management...The puppeteers in Greenwich made sure the Stooges in Atlanta knew how to work them on all of their underlings, especially for those who wanted to make a name for themselves

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My Avatar speaks volumes of what I thought of management...The puppeteers in Greenwich made sure the Stooges in Atlanta knew how to work them on all of their underlings, especially for those who wanted to make a name for themselves
Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
Even bitter old men.

DorkHead

That`s good for you. Our current management pays monthly just like the retired teamsters.
Did you have to pay monthly when you were working?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That`s good for you. Our current management pays monthly just like the retired teamsters.
Did you have to pay monthly when you were working?
I paid about $300/month when I was working but did not have to pay once I retired.
This varies by person as years worked prior to 1992 count 3 times more than years worked 1992 and afterward.
If your management is 50 or under than they'll have to pay just like Teamsters when they retire.

The Milkman

Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
Even bitter old men.

Opinions are like a holes...everyone has one...I am not bitter just better now that I was paroled after over 25 years of seeing back stabbing, lying, coverups, fudging numbers on the old green sheets etc etc..I am sure you did the same but did not get caught up in the Fraud of making yourself look good on paper so your Division, District or Regional Managers would possibly take notice..Such a Joke when someone from Atlanta would come to our bldg and tens of thousands of $$$ was spent to make everything look perfect..Everything in La La land was masked to show an Ethically run operation..all the while hiding in a trailer misloads and other stuff as not to be seen by the Big Shots walking through the Hub..Pat yourself on your back that whatever level you made it to was more than likely climbing over someone with more class and work ethics than yourself..Job Well Done..I Salute You

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Opinions are like a holes...everyone has one...I am not bitter just better now that I was paroled after over 25 years of seeing back stabbing, lying, coverups, fudging numbers on the old green sheets etc etc..I am sure you did the same but did not get caught up in the Fraud of making yourself look good on paper so your Division, District or Regional Managers would possibly take notice..Such a Joke when someone from Atlanta would come to our bldg and tens of thousands of $$$ was spent to make everything look perfect..Everything in La La land was masked to show an Ethically run operation..all the while hiding in a trailer misloads and other stuff as not to be seen by the Big Shots walking through the Hub..Pat yourself on your back that whatever level you made it to was more than likely climbing over someone with more class and work ethics than yourself..Job Well Done..I Salute You

I thought you said you were not bitter ... too funny.

The Milkman

I thought you said you were not bitter ... too funny.
Again your brain is up where the sun does not shine......Bitter? Happy as can be...into my 8th year of retirement loving every 1st of the month..Rving around the country, life is good. I sleep well every night Thank You, something I am sure while a stooge you had many a restless night worrying about looking good on paper while Customer Service went out the window...Over the years seeing management shakeups along with many a nervous breakdown demotions , special assignments etc etc makes me glad that I was Union and never once thought of going over to the Dark Side of UPS. The Joke is on you because you had to deal with more crap than any Union member had to, no matter how hard you tried to intimidate them. Job security, something 99% of Union members don't have to worry about......I guess like any other company there are some that just can't do any physical labor. At UPS a lot of Stooges drive for a year or so and put their letters in just to get out of doing a job they can't handle...Then they put the tie on too tight for their neck and bend over the rest of their time at UPS until retirement or getting the boot..

O/C

Does all the management retirees still pay nothing for their health coverages or is there a cut off date when they start paying? Guessing you are very old school under the UPS retirement plan, also the pre and post 1992 statement a little confusing.

Sent using BrownCafe App