Cost Of Living Raise

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I saw a show on tv the other day that explained who is getting rich off of high lumber prices. Surprisingly it wasn't Home Depot or Lowes or any of a dozen the other entities who deal with timber. The bottom line is there are only 4 LARGE companies that are raking in billions of dollars in profit from high lumber prices. They are the 4 top lumber companies in America. Werehauser, Georgia Pacific and 2 more I can't think of right now.
When these high prices either jack up interest rates or put us in a recession lumber prices will tank and they’ll cry poor.

cachmeifucan

My friend owns a fence company and said cedar is hard to get. He thinks the wildfires are partially to blame. I think he said people are buying Japanese cedar.

The estimate for COLA in this thread are all off because they think they language in the contract is saying we get 1 cent for every 0.2% increase in the CPI-W above 3%, but we actually get 1 cent for every 0.2 points above 3% higher than the previous May. YOY we saw an inflation rate of 5.6%, and the points were 6.6 above the 3% threshold. This means the COLA will be 33 cents, before the union gets their cut. I go into the contract, math, and links in this thread.

charm299

The estimate for COLA in this thread are all off because they think they language in the contract is saying we get 1 cent for every 0.2% increase in the CPI-W above 3%, but we actually get 1 cent for every 0.2 points above 3% higher than the previous May. YOY we saw an inflation rate of 5.6%, and the points were 6.6 above the 3% threshold. This means the COLA will be 33 cents, before the union gets their cut. I go into the contract, math, and links in this thread.
When will we get it?

Pickles

A055110A-33ED-4636-B8D7-06599F41C10F.jpeg