Could a new hire for Express fallen through?

bigcountry

I recently applied for a Courier position for Express in my area. Got a call a couple days after applying, and set up and interview. Seemed like everything went pretty well, and they said they would contact me by the end of last week if I got selected, and if I didn't get picked to feel free and apply again for upcoming positions. Well beginning of this week I got an email saying they decided to go with another candidate that better fit their needs.

I was actually a bit surprised I didn't get picked because the interview seemed like it went well and I told them I was eager to work and could work any shift. Also young, clean driving record, clean background, 5 years in the logistics industry.. etc.

Been waiting for the listing to go off the website, but it's still there. Almost tempted to apply again for the hell of it. Usually I wouldn't care, but I got laid off this month, and I need to get back to work. Applying else well as well, and also patiently waiting for a ups package handler position to open up too. Would be nice to get on with them as well.

FedLurker

Doesn't hurt to apply again. Could be any number of reasons you didn't get hired. Might have gone to someone who knew somebody, or had more experience, or anything really.

SmithBarney

Go ahead and re-apply, but realize that you are competing with alot of folks, whenever we had a hiring, it usually drew well over 100 applicants.

While we might bitch and moan, remember there are a lot of people out there who would love any job... and then of course
there are also those out there, more than happy to subsist on Govt Aid...
Keep in mind that those two types of people aren't mutually exclusive.. some folks work for FedEx and still qualify for(and need) food stamps..