Could I get promoted at UPS if I join the U.S. Army National Guard

MajorArmedMan

I'm considering of going into the National Guard soon. When I come back from Bootcamp, and work while I'm on reserve at home, could I get promoted or just be the same.

Or at least will they understand that I will have drill training once a moth for a weekend. And 2 weeks a year for summer. And that I could be deployed at any time.

I'm considering of going into the National Guard soon. When I come back from Bootcamp, and work while I'm on reserve at home, could I get promoted or just be the same.

Or at least will they understand that I will have drill training once a moth for a weekend. And 2 weeks a year for summer. And that I could be deployed at any time.
They can't discriminate against you for being in the military

Not saying they won't try

PT Car Washer

Congratulations on a great choice and it is not called bootcamp. It is BCT or Basic Combat Training. If a FT bid job opens up while you are at training UPS has to offer it to you if you have the seniority. You need to familiarize yourself with your USERRA rights and if you have any problems contact the JAG office on Post.

rod

Retired 22 years
Actually I never really had any problems getting time off for training except for a rouge PT female sup one night. And a FT HR woman who told me I wouldn't have a job when I came back from deployment.

That's why women need to be drafted--so they understand what the Military is about.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Congratulations on a great choice and it is not called bootcamp. It is BCT or Basic Combat Training. If a FT bid job opens up while you are at training UPS has to offer it to you if you have the seniority. You need to familiarize yourself with your USERRA rights and if you have any problems contact the JAG office on Post.
it's a camp full of "boots", thus a bootcamp