Could you ever see unions making a large comeback and expanding membership?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just about any PT job can be turned into a sweet gig. There are no production standards. Staffing is so low that they're thankful just for anyone showing up. Then throw in 40+ paid days off per year (vacation, sick, personal, holidays) for a part-time job with no standards and free benefits....how does it get sweeter?

Funny.... you didn't negotiate those working conditions or benefits.

I wonder who did ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Of course. The job sucks. They get better pay by walking down the street. Not by years of struggle or voting. Why stay when better jobs grow on trees?

I'll tell you a funny story.

About 10 years ago, a neighbor asked me if I could get his son a job at UPS.

I said no. He had to go through the same process as everyone else. But if he did get hired, I would check up

on him and make sure he was provided with every opportunity to be successful. He lasted 2 days. Never had performed

any sort of physical labor in his life.

His son mustered up the courage to come talk to me, and explained he was more interested in IT work.

Again, I was asked if I could help facilitate this. When I asked him if he had any sort of experience with

computers or had any sort of education, Microsoft certifications, or related experience ?

His response was.... "I know computers real well because I play a lot of video games."

wilberforce15

I said no. He had to go through the same process as everyone else. But if he did get hired, I would check up

on him and make sure he was provided with every opportunity to be successful. He lasted 2 days. Never had performed

His son mustered up the courage to come talk to me, and explained he was more interested in IT work.

Again, I was asked if I could help facilitate this. When I asked him if he had any sort of experience with

computers or had any sort of education, Microsoft certifications, or related experience ?

His response was.... "I know computers real well because I play a lot of video games."
And yet, being a know-nothing at Best Buy, while also being a do-nothing, pays better than what we've bargained for.

wilberforce15

2021-10-13-PositionStatement.png

I made a driver's daily pay in about 10 minutes while drinking coffee and trolling. Market hasn't opened yet.

Should I get another cup before I make another of your daily pay? Or go for a walk?

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
small sort?
Where they send the pregnant women lol? Small sort is mostly girls.

Just about any PT job can be turned into a sweet gig. There are no production standards. Staffing is so low that they're thankful just for anyone showing up. Then throw in 40+ paid days off per year (vacation, sick, personal, holidays) for a part-time job with no standards and free benefits....how does it get sweeter?

I’m actually not even going to disagree with this because it’s somewhat true. Everyone likes money though. A part of me wants to just stay part time and do something else on the side.

rustys954rr

Well tell him he did a great job on Orion 3.0