Countdown to Contract

brownboxman

As we all wait for the powers that be to hammer out the details of our future, jsut curious how the folks out there think the contract will be rsolved.

In years past there have been contract extensions, a strike, and early settlements. Any gut feelings on what will happen this year? Probably way early to tell but I thought I would throw it out there. With the state of the economy still tough, I dont see either side pushing anything too hard. I see an early resolve, maybe June or July.

Asskicker

2018 We are suppose to start getting taxed on the amount of medical we use. It will start showing up on your W2 under DD. Don't settle for a ****ty contract all you :censored2: Hoffa supporters out there!!! We in 705 got a better contract then all of you did Nationally because Hoffa is a sell out. There is no way in hell he would ever strike against UPS. He's in their pocket...HELLO!!! Wake up people and don't vote yes unless they give us substantial gains. Part-timers stick together. There are more of us then full=timers. Vote NO unless it's a good deal. They have to then come up with something better. DO NOT SETTLE!!!

packageguy

how long (years) do you think this contract will be?[/QUOT.

I heard 8 to 10 years, I know it's just rumors, the long the better for ups, some want pension increase. Lot of guys I work with have no plans of retiring with ups so they don't care, and yes they are package car drivers........

thessalonian13

how long (years) do you think this contract will be?[/QUOT.

I heard 8 to 10 years, I know it's just rumors, the long the better for ups, some want pension increase. Lot of guys I work with have no plans of retiring with ups so they don't care, and yes they are package car drivers........
I would love a 9 or 10 year contract. It would be my last. I hope they increase the pension.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If its a 9-10 year contract there better be on average at least $1 an hour raise every year. Probably a little more.

It's inevitable that inflation will kick in big time in the next 10 years.

packageguy

If its a 9-10 year contract there better be on average at least $1 an hour raise every year. Probably a little more.

It's inevitable that inflation will kick in big time in the next 10 years.[/QUOTE

I agree, there are so many rumors I think its going down to the wire, so many unions striking, calling there bluff, time will only tell....

slantnosechevy

2018 We are suppose to start getting taxed on the amount of medical we use. It will start showing up on your W2 under DD. Don't settle for a ****ty contract all you :censored2: Hoffa supporters out there!!! We in 705 got a better contract then all of you did Nationally because Hoffa is a sell out. There is no way in hell he would ever strike against UPS. He's in their pocket...HELLO!!! Wake up people and don't vote yes unless they give us substantial gains. Part-timers stick together. There are more of us then full=timers. Vote NO unless it's a good deal. They have to then come up with something better. DO NOT SETTLE!!!

I think you'll see some money this time around for you and your fellow part-timers, but it wont be enough to offset the costs you are talking about. Insurance and the costs related to it are the hot topic. I expect everyone will get the same letter that the retirees received a while back. The company is going to force this issue. While I think it's a strike issue others may not. We definitely won't have public opinion on our side this time which is why UPS settled last time.

OptimusPrime

It's inevitable that inflation will kick in big time in the next 10 years.

I hope you aren't serious. $43 an hour? Not saying fold the tent and bend over, but jeeze. We are already having competition issues with Fedex, and it's not like our customer service is getting better. Might line your pockets for a few years, but something like that might end up having a bunch of mid term guys swinging in the breeze. Or a newish guy like me unemployed. Not saying our job isn't difficult, but your thoughts have guys working 50 hour weeks making 120k. Would get to the point UPS would just pull the plug on the Teamsters, bring in :censored2:s making $16 an hour, who are glad to get it. Runner gunners. Bad bad bad.