Country route in a 1000

Red UPSer

So dispatch this week decided to switch me and my neighboring truck on the belt. I run a country route in a 600 and my neighbor runs a heavy resi route in a 1000 (200+ almost every day). For whatever reason they switched our trucks and are now refusing to switch them back despite being told how much it screws both of us.

What are my options?

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
They did this to me. I walked everything off. Couldn't pull into driveways because of steep grades. Was 2 or 3 hours over everyday. Got asked by management why im so over lately and explained why a 1000 is bad. They didn't know I was in a 1000. Our night guy switched it. Never happened again.

Yours is a bit different as it seems they know and don't care. So I'd say, be safe, walk everything off, it sucks with all the hills, enjoy a fat paycheck for a while and they will eventually stop, I imagine. Unless they really like paying you for 14 hours over a week.

Nah
So dispatch this week decided to switch me and my neighboring truck on the belt. I run a country route in a 600 and my neighbor runs a heavy resi route in a 1000 (200+ almost every day). For whatever reason they switched our trucks and are now refusing to switch them back despite being told how much it screws both of us.

What are my options?

These kinds of problems have a way of fixing themselves.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

What are my options?
Run way the heck over. Tell the center manager truck situation is teally screwing things up.

PT Car Washer

What are my options?
This happens occasionally when the car parkers mess up the line up. Why don't the preloaders just load the cars correctly?

Overpaid Union Thug

It’s is utterly ridiculous that our trucks are ever mixed up at UPS. The company spends thousands of dollars and hours on producing reports electronically and on paper. There are spread sheets, graphs, reports detailing every second of our day, and emails scolding each other. But they can’t somehow put any of that to use in a manner that would assure that our trucks are parked in their assigned spots. LOL

Having said that....

Our current workforce (top to bottom) is infected with bozos that screw up the simplest things on a daily basis.

I guess the corporate structure and hourly talent pool are the perfect marriage.

ManInBrown

Years ago buddy ran a 400 piece peak route out of a 600. Lol. There wasn’t a millimeter of daylight in the truck till 7pm. Brought back 150 every night.

DriverNerd

trucks are changing here too ...”the new guy needs mapnav”
Car washer was pulling a truck for service and needed me to move over when I just got back to building. I said sure and asked him what is the new guy getting instead (his truck). He laughed and said an automatic. I said "he can't drive stick?". The car washer said he didn't know and showed me his lineup. The truck number replacement was listed as "NO MANUAL".