Courier Class

mjtrackman

Just walked out of class for the last day. I got 99 .5 percent on my test. I forgot to circle a correction I made on the airbill lol. Not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed I didn't get a Fedex diploma! Lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just walked out of class for the last day. I got 99 .5 percent on my test. I forgot to circle a correction I made on the airbill lol. Not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed I didn't get a Fedex diploma! Lol

Welcome to the world's greatest company. Let us know in a few weeks what your thoughts are.

zapmail

This is the plateau of your FedEx career. Fast forward to 2025, you'll be sitting hammered in a bar reminiscing of that glorious day you aced the courrier test. If this train wreck is still here mind you. Get out now. You have no future here trackman. Good luck to you.

Glorifiedpackmule

I'm sure it's tough out there in job land but don't get stuck at this Piece of crap company. I'm sure they made FedEx sound special at school butFrom this point forward you will be lied to, taken advantage of and demoralized. Welcome to one of the worst companies to work for on the face of the planet.

hypo hanna

He is right. There is no future at FedEx. You should be looking elsewhere if you want any kind of future. As a temporary job for someone with no family or aspirations for owning your own home etc, its ok.
If you want to work in the small pkg field, get on with ups and do your time there until you can get a driving position. Good luck.

mjtrackman

This is the plateau of your FedEx career. Fast forward to 2025, you'll be sitting hammered in a bar reminiscing of that glorious day you aced the courrier test. If this train wreck is still here mind you. Get out now. You have no future here trackman. Good luck to you.

Lmao.. Is it really that bad?

hypo hanna

There really isn't any future here for hourly employees. If you are young and smart you will put your time in with a company that will honor its commitments to you and its customers not just the investors. We had to learn this lesson the hard way.

Goldilocks

There really isn't any future here for hourly employees. If you are young and smart you will put your time in with a company that will honor its commitments to you and its customers not just the investors. We had to learn this lesson the hard way.

No honor, just lies. Its called greed....Smith used us all the way to the bank...

FUFred

RUNNNNNNN as fast as you can away from this company.

I started with express in 2003, I was in college, needed extra money and was hired as a casual off loader w/ 8-10 hrs a week no bennies. From off-loader to working the ramp, then to part time courier, to full time swing. 2010 I got into Aspire management program. If you have the opportunity to get into the program, DON'T. I could not believe the crap this company wanted me to believe. I didn't want to drink the kool-aid nor pass the pitcher around. I was now the guy asking questions in the meetings that never got answered, I stuck up for a lot of people I worked with. I have no kids, no wife, no house payment, just a small apt I share with my girlfriend, typical bills and a car payment. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I was doing fine. I know a lot of other co-workers weren't, and I wasn't afraid to speak my mind in their favor. I was liked and respected by my fellow drivers, management hated me. Ended up with 3 letters in a short time. I moved up fast, but when I started to ask question fedex didnt like then the hammer fell. Took then 6 months. 3 letters in 6 months, I
had 7 lates one summer day after breaking down = warning letter, GFT denied, missed 11 pod scans, after the cons tag wasn't done right, had to van and then pod but no lates missed 11pod scans but did get the other 1109, warning letter gft = denied the last I went to a stop, he needed more time got a walked up went on break only to find out he lied to dispatch saying I was rude and refused to wait so I got fired. Now the *******s are contesting my unemployment. Thankfully, and this is the WOW factor, a former customer I picked up at when I was part time is a
unemployment compensation lawyer, I called, he remember me and told him what happened and he is gonna help. So, after 11 yrs Im gone. I will say, I have never be happier.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I started with express in 2003, I was in college, needed extra money and was hired as a casual off loader w/ 8-10 hrs a week no bennies. From off-loader to working the ramp, then to part time courier, to full time swing. 2010 I got into Aspire management program. If you have the opportunity to get into the program, DON'T. I could not believe the crap this company wanted me to believe. I didn't want to drink the kool-aid nor pass the pitcher around. I was now the guy asking questions in the meetings that never got answered, I stuck up for a lot of people I worked with. I have no kids, no wife, no house payment, just a small apt I share with my girlfriend, typical bills and a car payment. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I was doing fine. I know a lot of other co-workers weren't, and I wasn't afraid to speak my mind in their favor. I was liked and respected by my fellow drivers, management hated me. Ended up with 3 letters in a short time. I moved up fast, but when I started to ask question fedex didnt like then the hammer fell. Took then 6 months. 3 letters in 6 months, I
had 7 lates one summer day after breaking down = warning letter, GFT denied, missed 11 pod scans, after the cons tag wasn't done right, had to van and then pod but no lates missed 11pod scans but did get the other 1109, warning letter gft = denied the last I went to a stop, he needed more time got a walked up went on break only to find out he lied to dispatch saying I was rude and refused to wait so I got fired. Now the *******s are contesting my unemployment. Thankfully, and this is the WOW factor, a former customer I picked up at when I was part time is a
unemployment compensation lawyer, I called, he remember me and told him what happened and he is gonna help. So, after 11 yrs Im gone. I will say, I have never be happier.

I wish that instead of just "liking" something, you could "love" it with an even higher rating. What you just wrote is the essence of what this sheethole is all about. As soon as you stop being their complacent little biotch, it's all-out war against you, and they'll pull every dirty trick they can to get you out the door. Great post.

Ricochet1a

I started with express in 2003, I was in college, needed extra money and was hired as a casual off loader w/ 8-10 hrs a week no bennies. From off-loader to working the ramp, then to part time courier, to full time swing. 2010 I got into Aspire management program. If you have the opportunity to get into the program, DON'T. I could not believe the crap this company wanted me to believe. I didn't want to drink the kool-aid nor pass the pitcher around. I was now the guy asking questions in the meetings that never got answered, I stuck up for a lot of people I worked with. I have no kids, no wife, no house payment, just a small apt I share with my girlfriend, typical bills and a car payment. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I was doing fine. I know a lot of other co-workers weren't, and I wasn't afraid to speak my mind in their favor. I was liked and respected by my fellow drivers, management hated me. Ended up with 3 letters in a short time. I moved up fast, but when I started to ask question fedex didnt like then the hammer fell. Took then 6 months. 3 letters in 6 months,

With the exception of how I left - this story is VERY similar to mine in Express. The use of Warning Letters by management in order to potentially get rid of me was very similar though (I managed to quit before they were able to get their 3rd Warning Letter fabricated).

I started at a Ramp then went to a station when I realized that the company I researched WASN'T the company I was actually working for (all the 'research' was for a company which existed in the 80's and early 90's, I made the faulty assumption that nothing would change from how the company was started to how it was operating at the time I hired in).

I VERY quickly noticed that what I was observing in Express WASN'T at all compatible with what I believed would be a good place to launch a career (was proven SO RIGHT in hindsight).

To the OP...

I'm not going to rehash my history, but Express management placed the proverbial 'bulls eye' on me once I started openly advocating for unionization in my station in late 2009 (when the FAA reauthorization was still up for grabs). Management took what would be minor issues (something that would be covered by a letter in one's box to point out something wrong -sign and return it with nothing else mentioned), and blew it up into a full blown Warning Letter. After that, when they couldn't nail me on anything legitimately, they outright fabricated compliance failures in order to give me a second Warning Letter (they were informed to get rid of me any way they could without causing litigation issues for Express - I was told this a few months after I quit by an Operations Manager I knew at another station who was aware of the situation of my openly advocating for unionization, he was sympathetic to the cause and continued to correspond with me after my leaving Express). I literally left Express ahead of what I knew was going to be a 3rd Warning Letter and involuntary termination. I was told the only thing that prevented the 3rd Warning Letter from being issued (outright fabrication) was the fact that I turned in my 2 week notice, and management backed down at that point.

Express doesn't want you as a wage employee to think at all - they want you to behave and act as if you were a robot. No questioning compensation, no questioning working conditions, no questioning the issue of new hires being permanently stuck at what is their beginning compensation level (post inflation effects). As a wage employee, you are a needed asset which poses a potential liability to Express if you should organize and gain better compensation for yourself. As long as you keep you mouth SHUT and work as directed, Express will consider you to be a good drone.

What keeps the Express drones in line, is their fear of losing their job AND their inability to come together as a WHOLE and stand as one and organize. The Express Couriers would be able to put up a stand IF they were UNITED - they are not. Divided as they are (caused by their OWN fear), they fall into line.

Should you choose to use your mind, see what is going on around you and then perform the cardinal sin of opening your mouth about what you see - then you'll be on the management hit list. Issues which would be brushed off for other good drones will result in OLCCs for the individual who thinks and opens their mouth. Should you openly advocate for unionization, you'll be on the list to be gotten rid of. Issues which would result in OLCCs for the other drones will result in a Warning Letter for you. If you don't provide them material to issue a Warning Letter over, they will go to any lengths to fabricate material to slap a Warning Letter on you - all in order to get rid of you.

As a wage employee, you are REPLACEABLE to Express. You are not valued in the least, you are not trusted in the least. You are assumed to be guilty of any issue which may be directed towards you - EVEN if you can actually prove your absolute innocence. The 'system' in Express is NEVER at fault, it is the employee's failure to adapt to the 'system' which is at issue. If you are to work at Express and not be the subject of intense scrutiny - then you will need to 'assimilate' completely to Express culture and not question ANYTHING which you see or hear.

If a customer calls in to complain about some issue, YOU are automatically at fault, and are subject to disciplinary action up to and including a Warning Letter - EVEN IF you followed policy to the "T" (you worked as directed). Express values its revenue providing customers MUCH more than you as a package monkey. NEVER FORGET THAT. Package monkeys can be easily replaced, high revenue customers cannot easily be replaced.

If something comes down to a, "Courier says, Customer says", the customer is ALWAYS believed and the Courier is always assumed to be at fault (the Courier didn't assimilate to Express culture fully..., thus the customer complaint). I even had a senior manager ADMIT that I was wrongly accused after an event, but since the customer complained, someone within Express had to have the blame placed on them for the customer's not getting the 'purple promise'. Since the 'system' can NEVER be held to blame (the system is perfect after all, designed to PREVENT package monkeys from getting customers angry), it is the Courier who is to blame for a customer's bad experience.

Express is good as a part-time job while you complete schooling (keep your mouth shut), or as something to tide you over until you can find a true career. The Express wage employees will NEVER organize at this point (they are too damn fearful and I'll go ahead and say it, outright stupid to ever realize they need to organize). Whatever you do, DON'T have delusions that your stint as a package monkey for Fred S will amount to anything more than a small paycheck to hold you while you find something that you can call a career.

If you can 'assimilate' these facts, your stint as an Express Courier should be uneventful - and hopefully short....