Cover Driver/Air driver

BigBrownboxx

Hi all, i’m going to class next week as an “air driver” but am told i will be working as a cover driver... I can’t seem to find an answer about pay. I have heard 15 when doing air and 21 when delivering ground on a route? anyone know if this is true? thanks guys

542thruNthru

Hi all, i’m going to class next week as an “air driver” but am told i will be working as a cover driver... I can’t seem to find an answer about pay. I have heard 15 when doing air and 21 when delivering ground on a route? anyone know if this is true? thanks guys

What supplemental contract are you under?

Depending on where you are. Going to class as a cover driver would mean you make more an hour that going to class as a air driver.

542thruNthru

Thank you Dave. Though I searched their rider for Cover Driver and found nothing. Not knowing if they piggy back off another region I can not help him.

Though please by all means feel free to help this member with your extensive knowledge.

Though I referred him to the most knowledgeable person in that area that could help him.

Edit.. i see now "central region" still not my expertise so maybe @BigUnionGuy can help him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you Dave. Though I searched their rider for Cover Driver and found nothing. Not knowing if they piggy back off another region I can not help him.

Though please by all means feel free to help this member with your extensive knowledge.

Though I referred him to the most knowledgeable person in that area that could help him.

Their rider is supplemental to the Central.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Wish I could help ya friend. I don't know the Ohio Rider.

@Bubblehead may be able to help you if he's not too busy. I believe he knows the Ohio rider well.
If the "OP" is going to be an "air driver", then it doesn't matter what region or supplement they fall under....because Article 40 of the National Master stands alone and is superseded by no supplement, rider, or addendum.

542thruNthru

If the "OP" is going to be an "air driver", then it doesn't matter what region or supplement they fall under....because Article 40 of the National Master stands alone and is superseded by no supplement, rider, or addendum.

Aw come on @Bubblehead don't get lazy on me. Did you read what he said? :)

Yes Article 40 supersedes all but...

If he's going to be used as a cover driver and not a air driver he should be coded as a cover drive during the class which pays more correct?

It sounds to me like the company is trying to send him through class for cheap.

I may be wrong but in my area you go thru class for what you will be used for.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
You could asked HR what type of driver requestion you have. If you don't have Cover Drivers then its just an air req. Make sure you get full compensation if you have to run ground packages

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Aw come on @Bubblehead don't get lazy on me. Did you read what he said? :)

Yes Article 40 supersedes all but...

If he's going to be used as a cover driver and not a air driver he should be coded as a cover drive during the class which pays more correct?

It sounds to me like the company is trying to send him through class for cheap.

I may be wrong but in my area you go thru class for what you will be used for.
We don't have temporary cover driver here.