Cover Driver doing Sat Airs

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
I'm expecting a slap on the wrist Monday morning.
I just recently started doing Sat Airs and I've been a CD since August. Yesterday I found myself in an apartment complex I didn't know with only 5 minutes left to deliver the last air. I sheeted the package and was in signature mode before noon after I found the apartment. The entry was a callbox and the resident wasn't home so when I came out of signature mode it was 12:03 and the air was now late.

Thoughts?

I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to make extra $$$ on Saturdays.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did it show up as late in the DIAD?

If you had scanned it, put in prerecord and then completed the stop, it would have shown up late, but taking it out of signature mode should not have changed the time stamp.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Your story is not adding up, once you press signature enter and are in signature screen it time stamps it, press it again to get out of signature screen and sheet as ni1 it would not come up late.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm expecting a slap on the wrist Monday morning.
I just recently started doing Sat Airs and I've been a CD since August. Yesterday I found myself in an apartment complex I didn't know with only 5 minutes left to deliver the last air. I sheeted the package and was in signature mode before noon after I found the apartment. The entry was a callbox and the resident wasn't home so when I came out of signature mode it was 12:03 and the air was now late.

Thoughts?

I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to make extra $$$ on Saturdays.
Sounds to me like you had too many air. Didn't you message the center earlier that you were running late?

TheMasochist

But it did? I thought the same. I ended up with NI1 and brought it back but it was still "x-other". I didn't understand msyelf either. I was "WTF? I had it locked in", but it still asked me why it was late so I said "x-other".

TheMasochist

Sounds to me like you had too many air. Didn't you message the center earlier that you were running late?
The already knew. I started out yesterday late before leaving. I did the pre-trip after the belt delivery and the PCM like everyone else. I didn't have working signals so I had to find another car. The manager helped me move the packages and I was off at 9:45.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
But it did? I thought the same. I ended up with NI1 and brought it back but it was still "x-other". I didn't understand msyelf either. I was "WTF? I had it locked in", but it still asked me why it was late so I said "x-other".
It's not a big deal , but DO NOT LIE ABOUT IT, you can and will lose your job if you lie , it was late it was late. Don't make things up.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
The only way this could come up late is if you sheeted it or brought it out of pre-record after 1200...end of story.

Wally

Is a cover driver full time? We don't have them in our local, we have causal drivers. They are temps just used for summer vacation and peak, then they are let go.

TheMasochist

Well I'm certainly not gonna lie. I didn't and hardly ever use PreRec unless its a bulk stop and it's ground. I know airs are where we make the big bucks so I treat them with the topmost respect.

Wally

KzOo3w.gif

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Interesting point....., many times I have had the stop active with the shp. # showing on the pkg. detail screen before commit, and stop completed after commit time with no problem.

I don't recall ever replicating the scenario you have described; I would not advance to the sig. screen in future.

TheMasochist

Ok well, it happened. I don't recall to be honest during the rush if I did Big arrow Down or not. I'm simply saying I was in signature mode and came out of signature mode and the DIAD asked why it was late.