Cover Driver for life?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Given the option of bidding a crappy route in a crappy area or stay cover until the next bid, which would you do? I think I'm going to stay cover again rather than take a crap route or a training route where they can bump you whenever they want to train a new guy.

Anyone else do the same? Starting to think I'll stay cover for life. lol

UPSGUY72

Given the option of bidding a crappy route in a crappy area or stay cover until the next bid, which would you do? I think I'm going to stay cover again rather than take a crap route or a training route where they can bump you whenever they want to train a new guy.

Anyone else do the same? Starting to think I'll stay cover for life. lol

Stay cover that what I'm doing. At least you know that you won't be on a crappy route everyday.

Pkgcar1988

They are ALL crappy!!!! I was only a cover driver for a year and a half before the crappiest route in the center came up so I bid it. Have since changed routes 3 times, always to what I "thought" was a better route. They are all crappy one way or another, IMO.

UPSGUY72

They are ALL crappy!!!! I was only a cover driver for a year and a half before the crappiest route in the center came up so I bid it. Have since changed routes 3 times, always to what I "thought" was a better route. They are all crappy one way or another, IMO.

Ya but I'm not doing the crappiest route in the building everyday just so I can say I'm on the same route.

Crappy is needing a signature at almost every stop and your chances of getting shot are better than be able to get rid of a package on the first attempt.

I guess you would consider a 160 stop split all house car route with no pickups or a 95 stop country route with 5 pickups at 150 miles crappy. I don't.

9.5er

Been a cover driver for ten years now. Looks to be another ten years before I get a chance to bid on a crap route. I think it has been 6 years now since we have had a new driver get hired on.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Crap routes are all what you make of it really. 1 guy could totally hate the route and another guy could like it. If you set the route up to how you understand it and figure out how to run it effectively in a way that works for yourself youll be ok. Forget that cover driving different route every single day nonsense, that's for the birds, You can make a crappy route into your own without it being super crappy sorta speak. Lets be real, some drivers are dumb as rocks and cant figure out how to run that crappy route efficiently and easier. Some drivers can just get on that crappy route and "EINSTEIN" the route if you know what im saying. Some drivers aren't as smart as other drivers. Either you got that Einstein or you don't.:cool-little:

PT Car Washer

We have had some drivers finally get a chance to bid on some different routes. One drivers worst route in the building and the split driver who runs it when he is off says yeah I will bid that route. You are right. It is what you make it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Exactly dude. My route sucks because theres a lot of stops, a lot of area, different dispatch every single day and jammed up some days in a 700. Does it suck to me, hell no cause I know every single area they dispatch like the back of my hand and I will kick them idiots in the chin til late into the night and make fatt duckiez on that :censored2: lol. All the other guys wont bid on it cause its freaked up everyday. That's how you keep a crappy route and make it your own by playing the Jedi mind game with everybody else and thinking that the route sucks the biggest :censored2: you've ever seen. THATS EINSTEIN fellas lmfao

JL 0513

Crap routes are all what you make of it really. 1 guy could totally hate the route and another guy could like it. If you set the route up to how you understand it and figure out how to run it effectively in a way that works for yourself youll be ok. Forget that cover driving different route every single day nonsense, that's for the birds, You can make a crappy route into your own without it being super crappy sorta speak. Lets be real, some drivers are dumb as rocks and cant figure out how to run that crappy route efficiently and easier. Some drivers can just get on that crappy route and "EINSTEIN" the route if you know what im saying. Some drivers aren't as smart as other drivers. Either you got that Einstein or you don't.:cool-little:

Thing is, the days of running routes how you want are coming to an end, for the most part. I assume you're not on Orion yet? Well, you gotta follow it about 90%. Orion fundamentally changes the job. Those that haven't gotten it yet may not have any idea what's coming.

JL 0513

IMO, ideal routes are those that aren't bulked out with heavy business stops. I don't have experience with a lot of routes but I do see the difference in sheer volume from one route to another. One guy gets a truck bricked to the ceiling, while another looks empty with almost nothing on the floor. Just neatly loaded shelves. I understand both can take the same amount of time to run, but one breaks your back all day, the other does not. I'll take the light load even if the miles are way more, the walking is way more, or whatever. Bulky business stops aren't just lots of packages, they're almost always damn heavy. All the while, you're tripping over other packages with 50++lb packages in you hands.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Me too dogg, freak that bulk. My bulk days are over for real. Just trying to finish out these last 13 and finish the race. Call it lazy or slacker but you know what ill be a slacker n finish the race, AMEN BROTHERMAN lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you got bulk and super low on stops I could handle that but those routes are far and between probably. Im talkin like 60 70 stops lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
250yu273swsw.gif
We all have dreams lol.