Cover Driver for life?

gman

I think there is a difference between a crappy route and a dangerous route. They relooped our building a few years back and suddenly I was in the ghetto. When you go from the burbs to the most dangerous neighborhood in one of the most dangerous city's in the country, it becomes a crappy route! Bid off that sucker in a hurry!

Eman1978

Swing drivers are forced into routes in my building, if you are the top swing driver you get whatever route comes up and no bid driver bids on.

Sent using BrownCafe App

wayfair

swollen member
I bid a route I thought was crappy, just so I knew where I was going every day..
got bumped off of it... someone thought it was better than what they had...he found out it wasn't

a route is better than no route IMO

UPSGUY72

I bid a route I thought was crappy, just so I knew where I was going every day..
got bumped off of it... someone thought it was better than what they had...he found out it wasn't

a route is better than no route IMO

Since I'm guaranteed 8 hrs a day I have a route everyday I just don't know which one until I show up. What I do know is that it won't be a crappy route everyday most of the time I'll be on a half decent or a good route...

I guess if the only way your where guaranteed 8 hrs a day is if you bid a specific route than you do what you have to.. But in my area we have FT cover drivers that bid the cover route opening position during bid.

slappyhappy

Stay on as a cover driver until you can get a good route. I've been a cover driver for 8 years, and it's better to run a crap route once in a while than every day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I ended up taking one of the routes no one wanted because I couldn't cover in the area I wanted to anymore...I'm probably going to regret it. I'm told the route starts in the city in skyscraper hell then the residential is supposedly in an undesirable ghetto area. From what I hear the truck is a dinosaur 800 with no power steering, but I'm told the previous bid driver got back some days at 5:30.
I guess it will be nice having my own route even if it sucks. They have 90 days to move us all around since the bid is now over so it will probably be a while before I get to run this new :censored2:ty route.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Cover driving gets old after about 5 years. Unless your a top senior cover driver then it all sucks. Getting boned at the last second on poopy routes and some :censored2: decides 5 min before start time he wants to be a lil bitch and go home. Well if you decide to stay cover just make sure you bring your cherry lube with you, doesn't hurt as bad when you lube the cherry up lol.

JL 0513

I'm going to be a cover driver soon (I luckily had 1 route my whole 1st year because there happened to be a vacant seniority route when I started).

Wouldn't you actually cover decent routes more often than not since seniority guys get the most vacation time? These guys have 5-6 weeks off a year to cover. Not counting their sick and personal time.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm going to be a cover driver soon (I luckily had 1 route my whole 1st year because there happened to be a vacant seniority route when I started).

Wouldn't you actually cover decent routes more often than not since seniority guys get the most vacation time? These guys have 5-6 weeks off a year to cover. Not counting their sick and personal time.
Yeah in my current group I cover decent routes but my cover slot was taken by a cover driver from a different center bidding in so my decision was cover drive in a new crappy area further away from home or bid a crappy route. I bid the crappy route.

PT Car Washer

You would be trained on a certain number of routes. If they are mostly good routes or crappy routes that would be a crapshoot. Most likely a little of both. Of course if you would volunteer to take some routes out blind you can learn a lot more.

wayfair

swollen member
You would be trained on a certain number of routes. If they are mostly good routes or crappy routes that would be a crapshoot. Most likely a little of both. Of course if you would volunteer to take some routes out blind you can learn a lot more.
hold up, are you a cover driver??

when I was, I'd tell some people about some routes.... there were a couple that were secrets to the ctr(once you learned them)...and I have a few " go to's " that are much better than mine, but I go home for lunch EVERYDAY, so I deal with crappy days too

JL 0513

hold up, are you a cover driver??

when I was, I'd tell some people about some routes.... there were a couple that were secrets to the ctr(once you learned them)...and I have a few " go to's " that are much better than mine, but I go home for lunch EVERYDAY, so I deal with crappy days too

Wait, you go home for lunch everyday? How much of a break away is that? It's against the "rules" to drive off immediate area for lunch. Hell, they're spending billions on ORION to shave a mile off each driver.

wayfair

swollen member
I live on route. summer time I jump in the pool, take a shower, eat, fresh uniform.... it works... somedays work sucks but at least an hour is a relief!!