Cover driver or 22.4

KatieH

Hello there!

I need some advice. Should I do 22.4 driving or cover driving? What are all your thoughts/positives/negatives?
Thank you in advance for your help!

542thruNthru

Hello there!

I need some advice. Should I do 22.4 driving or cover driving? What are all your thoughts/positives/negatives?
Need more information. Cover Driver means different things in different areas. What local are you or supplemental agreement?

542thruNthru

Las Vegas 542
Cover Driver will start you at a higher wage but is technically a part time position (though you'll work full time hours).

Speak with your steward. If they are going to be hiring a lot of 22.4s I would start as a cover to get red circled at the higher rate and then go 22.4 as soon as possible. There is no wait time and also you don't have to qualify again. They just make you a 22.4.

Cover driver starts at 70% of top rate and goes to 75% after 6 months.

22.4 starts at $20.50

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Hello there!

Cover driver obviously, Then sign every bid that comes up once you gain seniority..
Positives = the money & benefits are good.
negatives? You’ll hate life … In general . Have a nice day.

KatieH

Cover Driver will start you at a higher wage but is technically a part time position (though you'll work full time hours).

Speak with your steward. If they are going to be hiring a lot of 22.4s I would start as a cover to get red circled at the higher rate and then go 22.4 as soon as possible. There is no wait time and also you don't have to qualify again. They just make you a 22.4.

Cover driver starts at 70% of top rate and goes to 75% after 6 months.

22.4 starts at $20.50
Thank you for your educated response!! I appreciate it!