Cover Driver paid holiday

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TheNewBrownie24, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Brownie24

Brownie24 New Member

Not sure if this has been asked before, but as a cover driver, am I supposed to get paid cover rate for 8 hours or 4 hours hub rate since I was a preloader. I got different answers at work yesterday. I’m not a full time cover driver/utility but I have been scheduled to work the last 2 months and scheduled all this week of course due to peak.

2. Dough99

Dough99 Member

4 hr hub

3. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

You need to have a certain amount of reports as a driver the gear prior to get 8hr holiday pay in the southern. I forget the exact number.

4. RTCD

RTCD Member

Cover pay if you work the other 4 days before and after the holiday... in this case M,T,W and F or T,W,F,S if you’re on a T-S schedule. The pay will say 4hrs preload on your timecard but then will change after you punch in/out as cover on the 5th day to 8hrs cover pay (Southern Supplement).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Brownie24

Brownie24 New Member

Thanks. It does show 4 hour hub rate holiday pay on the time card right now. I will see if it changes tomorrow(Friday)when I work or Saturday and if it, I’ll bring it up to my sup since I did work M,T, W. I’m in SoCal.

6. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Depends on your supplmental language. Judging by the fact you said cover/utility I'm guessing you're in the Southwest package?

7. Brownie24

Brownie24 New Member

I’m in California, so Southwest correct?

8. 542thruNthru

If you are southwest package rider then you get 8 hours as long as you're scheduled to work the week.

Section 38 of the southwest package rider.
    sketch-1574958245629.jpg

9. 542thruNthru

Do you know what local you are? That would help.

10. Brownie24

Brownie24 New Member

11. 542thruNthru

Yes you're SWP and that language I posted applies to you so make sure you are paid correctly next week.

12. Brownie24

Brownie24 New Member

:thumbup1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. charm299

charm299 New Member

In the southern supplement, you have to work as a driver the whole week that the holiday is in