Cover Driver pay confusion

Brownie24

Here’s the dilemma,
I’m a cover driver in SoCal(southwest package)... I was scheduled to work all of last week, but there was not enough work on Wednesday, so I was asked if I wanted to be a driver helper, which I did for 5 hours. I was told I would get paid my cover rate, which I was not. I covered a route on Friday, with no pay issues. I then worked Saturday but once again, not enough work so I did driver helper, which again I was told I would get cover rate and I did not and I didn’t even get 1 1/2 OT for the 8 hours worked.
Today(Monday 12/2), I did clean up work and did a bunch of pickups, but they’re paying me “special air” at $15 an hour. WTH? I’m not an air driver. I keep getting the run around from sups about the pay. Should I file or talk to my shop steward first?

542thruNthru

Here’s the dilemma,
I’m a cover driver in SoCal(southwest package)... I was scheduled to work all of last week, but there was not enough work on Wednesday, so I was asked if I wanted to be a driver helper, which I did for 5 hours. I was told I would get paid my cover rate, which I was not. I covered a route on Friday, with no pay issues. I then worked Saturday but once again, not enough work so I did driver helper, which again I was told I would get cover rate and I did not and I didn’t even get 1 1/2 OT for the 8 hours worked.
Today(Monday 12/2), I did clean up work and did a bunch of pickups, but they’re paying me “special air” at $15 an hour. WTH? I’m not an air driver. I keep getting the run around from sups about the pay. Should I file or talk to my shop steward first?

File a grievance and ask for penalty pay. You're on the posted schedule as a cover driver for the week. You're entitled to 5 consecutive days, 8 hours each. They can't just pick and choose how you'll be paid for each day.

Read Section 38 of the SWP

Heavy Package

I would thank UPS for allowing you to be a Driver Helper for 2 days when they deemed there was not enough work for you. You are being a Grinch this Peak.

Heavy Package

Uh..... what?

By "allowing" an unnecessary employee to work when there is not enough volume to justify it hurts UPS's profits. This is detrimental to our profitability and valued shareholders on Wall St. Think how wasteful this is times thousands upon thousands of useless management shills and you will see why this Union employee should be grateful this Peak for being allowed to work in any capacity when a computer algorithm states that he is unnecessary.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

By "allowing" an unnecessary employee to work when there is not enough volume to justify it hurts UPS's profits. This is detrimental to our profitability and valued shareholders on Wall St. Think how wasteful this is times thousands upon thousands of useless management shills and you will see why this Union employee should be grateful this Peak for being allowed to work in any capacity when a computer algorithm states that he is unnecessary.

Wut?

Here’s the dilemma,
File!

Did you pick up ground packages?

542thruNthru

You fruitcakes need to get a sense of humor. Any level of intelligent sarcasm apparently goes right by you two.

tenor-25.gif