Cover driver pay rate?

Window8

Anyone know what the cover driver pay is? Does it vary by location/district?

Im on preload and went to intergrad. They offered to let me be a cover driver. But the pay rate changes based on who you ask.

They said Saturday air driver is $12 an hour. I heard cover driver is $18. Then someone else said it’s $22 and someone else told me it’s $26.

It’s more money then I make now. But curious.

In the National contract. I thought it said staring at 18 then 19 then 20. Then top rate.

Abracadabra

Where I'm at:
Air Exception-$12.50 (Start)
Seasonal Cover (RTD/TCD)-$22.24
Full Time Cover-$18.75 (Start)

I'm not trying to be that guy, but theres no such thing as "Full Time Cover." Cover Driver is a part time position, and they start at 80% of whatever the top rate is where you are. Full time drivers start at $18.75 where I am and Cover Drivers start at around 30.77.

AlliSeeisBrown

I'm not trying to be that guy, but theres no such thing as "Full Time Cover." Cover Driver is a part time position, and they start at 80% of whatever the top rate is where you are. Full time drivers start at $18.75 where I am and Cover Drivers start at around 30.77.
Not to be that guy, but what do you call a full time service provider that doesn’t have a bid route?

Box Ox

Think it varies by location. Where I am, full time drivers not assigned to a bid route typically take out split routes or give a bid driver a shot at going home or cover sick/vacation days. They’re in the standard full time progression.

TCDs/RTDs are the same thing (again, where I am). They’re part timers who cover full time routes as needed in lieu of their part time sort job. They make about $12/hr less than top rate and can run June 1-Jan 15.

542thruNthru

You are new and have just made the classic new guy mistake. Everywhere is different. Some places have PT covers and some have FT covers.

It's ok everyone makes the mistake. Just remember it next time. :)

542thruNthru

Anyone know what the cover driver pay is? Does it vary by location/district?

Im on preload and went to intergrad. They offered to let me be a cover driver. But the pay rate changes based on who you ask.

They said Saturday air driver is $12 an hour. I heard cover driver is $18. Then someone else said it’s $22 and someone else told me it’s $26.

It’s more money then I make now. But curious.

In the National contract. I thought it said staring at 18 then 19 then 20. Then top rate.

We would have to know what supplement/region you are under to give you a accurate answer.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wrong.

All of our cover drivers are FT here.

542thruNthru

I don’t like to be labeled. I melt when people say I’m wrong.

giphy-13.gif

Window8

Thanks.
I wrongly assumed that everywhere was the same as UPS is a global company. Where is the best place to look this info up?

The local supplement?