Cover driver wage red circled, myth or urban legend?

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I went to integrad in may 2018 for cover driving. Started my 30 days in june, and qualified ran scratch 12 days on the route they put me on. I haven’t been back to the preload since I started my 30 days and have been driving m-friend.

I went full time in august and was told it takes time for promotions to process and ive been coding my pay under cover driver. I asked my SUP about my pay code and he said to enjoy it while it lasts and I asked what do you mean? He said my pay rate will drop to $18.75. I told him that my pay has been red circled.

He said that im wrong and that the days i drove were to qualify and that Id have to work preload and then go out on a route like a “normal cover driver.”

GenericUsername

If you were still PT while qualifying and then made your 30 days, you'll be red circled in at your cover pay when you go FT. I just went FT and kept my $30.77 pay rate.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
If you were still PT while qualifying and then made your 30 days, you'll be red circled in at your cover pay when you go FT. I just went FT and kept my $30.77 pay rate.

Right, its in the contract and he understands it just by show and tell. I just don’t know why he is trying to b/s me. I give it everything I got when im out there. I want to work and I want to help other drivers if I can.

Simplymike

You'll be red circled at the rate you were making when you qualified. When you go full time that rate will be the same. Make sure you keep track of the day you started cover driving. That'll be the start of your progression to top rate.

542thruNthru

Right, its in the contract and he understands it just by show and tell. I just don’t know why he is trying to b/s me. I give it everything I got when im out there. I want to work and I want to help other drivers if I can.

He's being a ass. Learn the lesson now. Your management team doesn't know crap about the contract. So don't believe a word they say ever!

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Start by asking your union people your union questions. Management has no idea.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
He's being a ass. Learn the lesson now. Your management team doesn't know crap about the contract. So don't believe a word they say ever!
giphy (3).gif

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Atta boy!!! That makes me smile. They don't mess with me and 9.5 anymore. What area are you in? I'm guessing out west if you are still working.
My center doesn't care about 9.5's apparently. I just got 2300 dollar 9.5 grievance check. 3 months worth of 9.5 violations. And I've had 9.5 violation every week since they cut me that check. Idiots.

BuckyBadger

I don't completely understand...my center, there's no one that wants to drive. The list is non existent. So why don't the few who want to drive start as a cover driver rather than do a full time bid if you get red-circled at your initial rate? Is there something different out here?

542thruNthru

I don't completely understand...my center, there's no one that wants to drive. The list is non existent. So why don't the few who want to drive start as a cover driver rather than do a full time bid if you get red-circled at your initial rate? Is there something different out here?

You don't always get the choice. If they are hiring RPCDs and not cover drivers then you either take that or nothing. Cover Drivers are for when they've hit the necessary amount of RPCDs.

This of course is if we are talking about the same type of PT cover drivers.