Cover driver working as a helper

Do I have to work as a helper if I am a cover driver.

The pay is a lot less and; I'm not sure what the pay rate is.

I can find other jobs during the day somewhere else that pays more than a helper .

What is the pay rate for a helper.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do I have to work as a helper if I am a cover driver. The pay is a lot less and; I'm not sure what the pay rate is. I can find other jobs during the day somewhere else that pays more than a helper. What is the pay rate for a helper.

Just curious, are you looking to make UPS your career or are you just there for the cool uniform? Working as a helper would allow you to work with a more experienced driver and you could use this opportunity to pick his brain and possibly learn a few things which could help you when you are back on the road. If nothing else, working as a helper would show that you are serious about this job and could help you in the long run. You are talking about a month and a half at best so is getting another job really worth it. Use this opportunity to your advantage.

Just curious, are you looking to make UPS your career or are you just there for the cool uniform? Working as a helper would allow you to work with a more experienced driver and you could use this opportunity to pick his brain and possibly learn a few things which could help you when you are back on the road. If nothing else, working as a helper would show that you are serious about this job and could help you in the long run. You are talking about a month and a half at best so is getting another job really worth it. Use this opportunity to your advantage.

I'm saying that if I don't have too work as a helper I can make money else where. I have a day job now that I could go to anytime. If there paying me $8.00 hr and I have to drive 40miles to get there its not worth it. ( So do I have too work if they ask me to. )

I know like 6 routes that I have mastered. I'm not gonna learn too much.

nobber

If your a seniority driver and they force you to work as a helper you make your driver wages. You don't HAVE to work as a helper

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If your a seniority driver and they force you to work as a helper you make your driver wages. You don't HAVE to work as a helper

He is a cover driver and wouldn't have this available to him.

It is your decision but I know that if I were your center manager and I knew that you decided to work elsewhere I would have to question your commitment to UPS.