Cover driver?

BucsGuy

I got hired as a part time package handler/cover driver. My first 5 days I just drove AIR for 2 hours a day. The past few days I’ve worked 8 and 9 hours doing air in the morning. Coming back to the center. Then meeting other drivers. To take some of their packages and delivering them myself. Also they have me picking up bulk stops from UPS stores. I don’t know what to consider my job title. Or even what I’m getting payed. Lol

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
I got hired as a part time package handler/cover driver. My first 5 days I just drove AIR for 2 hours a day. The past few days I’ve worked 8 and 9 hours doing air in the morning. Coming back to the center. Then meeting other drivers. To take some of their packages and delivering them myself. Also they have me picking up bulk stops from UPS stores. I don’t know what to consider my job title. Or even what I’m getting payed. Lol
if you are delivering ground make sure you get top driver rate for the DAY

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I’m sorry for my ignorance. But I don’t know what any of that is haha. I’m an outside hire

Since you are an outside hire, that means you have not reached seniority yet, and don't have full rights as a union member, but the contract still applies. Most people keep their heads down and do what they have to in order to reach seniority. Once you do, be sure to hold the company to the contract.

BucsGuy

Since you are an outside hire, that means you have not reached seniority yet, and don't have full rights as a union member, but the contract still applies. Most people keep their heads down and do what they have to in order to reach seniority. Once you do, be sure to hold the company to the contract.
Do these days count towards my 30 or qualifying. Since I’m not being trained on a route

Box Ox

You’re a preloader who runs exception air on an as-needed basis. Although you are being taken advantage of if you’re delivering ground at the base air rate because management knows you won’t say :censored2: until you’ve achieved seniority and can’t be let go for any reason.

Box Ox

Do these days count towards my 30 or qualifying. Since I’m not being trained on a route

No. They only qualify you on the PT driving side. And that’s probably only if you’ve already achieved seniority. Could be wrong on the latter part. Never known somebody to come in as a preloader and go straight to exception air.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I don’t wanna say anything. If I piss them off it’s more reason for them to disqualify me

If they dont give you an honest chance and make it a point youll be passed through by default. As long as your steward is for you and your in the union.
So you got hired as a part timer and then asked while we are hiring you do you wanna cover drive and do air?

My centers rate is $30.77 for TCD air is like $14 or $15 but you work m-friend and saturday air is time and a half. If your pay isnt segregated then they probably are friend*ing you

BucsGuy

If they dont give you an honest chance and make it a point youll be passed through by default. As long as your steward is for you and your in the union.
So you got hired as a part timer and then asked while we are hiring you do you wanna cover drive and do air?

My centers rate is $30.77 for TCD air is like $14 or $15 but you work m-friend and saturday air is time and a half. If your pay isnt segregated then they probably are friend*ing you
I got hired as a cover driver/ package handler. I’ve been working m-friend. Yesterday I worked till 630 meeting other drivers bringing them packages. And taking misloads from them. Also brought a bulk stop to a driver helped him with that. Then had a bulk pickup. And delivered probably 20 ground packages