Cover Drivers: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That's it, I'm throwing the yellow flag.

2931249201_876acf0784.jpg

NotIn3

ive been in cover since 06' the only thing i hate is running routes blind and not knowing where all the stupid dogs hide...

browniehound

The biggest gripe I have is that they leave trash all in my truck. I keep a clean truck, and thats how it should be kept.

Its not you truck speedemon. It belongs to UPS. I could care less what the cover driver leaves behind. I don't clean it up. The center is swept every morning so I just kick the trash out the door before I leave.

If it was my personal car then it would get under my skin.

Is that the worst thing about the cover driver? If it is, I would love to swap stories, LOL.

browniehound

I have used many different lines. "What? He hasn't already been here today? I'd better check on him.", "his wife shot him last night", "His bail bondsman cut him off", others I can't think of right now. I even tried "He has the day off" once, but it was way too boring.
Oh, yeah...my fav has always been, " They fired him".

I also liked using the "He was fired" line. I used to say he was taking too much time at certain stops. I would say that their stop was top on the list that management proved he was talking too much at.

After they believed me for a second or two, I would tell the truth:happy2:.

browniehound

I have learned to detach myself from whatever happens on my route while I am on vacation.

When I am not working it is no longer "my" route it is "his" route. And they are no longer "my" customers they are "his" customers.

If the guy does a great job and makes the customers happy, that is a good thing. If he does a crappy job and makes the customers unhappy, it isnt my problem and at least I will get some small satisfaction of knowing that I was missed while I was gone.

If the guy leaves me with a bunch of bogus undelivered NSN's and other assorted BS, I will just clean the mess up and be paid by the hour. Same thing goes if he is a slob and leaves trash in the truck, I will make $26 an hour to clean up after him. Most janitors would kill for that kind of money.

The only thing that I cant stand is someone who smokes in the truck. The stench lingers for days and I cant stand it.

I agree Sober. Its not my route. It belongs to UPS. Whatever the driver does when I'm off belongs to him and UPS.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Or not come back unless you have something constructive to say about the topic at hand.
Perhaps I give the boy too much flack, but come on. Why would you go and meet the cover driver when you are on vacation?? There is more to life than UPS. I guess I do not understand why people spend all day delivering boxes and then spend ALL of their free time here spouting off about everything UPS. Not to mention posting while on break. You folks can refer to me however you choose-last piece of toilet paper, last poop, whatever you want. I will not get all frantic. I realize this is merely an internet forum-not to be taken too seriously. Some of you may find yourselves in Mr. Upstates shoes if you keep spending every waking hour on here instead of on your wives. Oops, I mean with your wives.

UPSNewbie

Perhaps I give the boy too much flack, but come on. Why would you go and meet the cover driver when you are on vacation?? There is more to life than UPS. I guess I do not understand why people spend all day delivering boxes and then spend ALL of their free time here spouting off about everything UPS. Not to mention posting while on break. You folks can refer to me however you choose-last piece of toilet paper, last poop, whatever you want. I will not get all frantic. I realize this is merely an internet forum-not to be taken too seriously. Some of you may find yourselves in Mr. Upstates shoes if you keep spending every waking hour on here instead of on your wives. Oops, I mean with your wives.

Some people DO develop friendships over the internet, but in your case, try making real life friends before trying the former.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Now that you mention that, I have to go!!!:wink2:

Some people DO develop friendships over the internet, but in your case, try making real life friends before trying the former.

Put her there, pal.