Cover Drivers work Monday through Saturday?

summersaltstains

Today my center mgr. called me around 14:00 and told me he needed me tomorrow. I told him I had plans and since I am a M-friend I assumed I was off Saturday unless forced in with 24 hours notice. He made it sound like I didn't get Saturday off since I only drove 3 days while running air the other two days. This sounds like BS to me but is there any truth to what he's saying?

El Correcto

god is dead
Today my center mgr. called me around 14:00 and told me he needed me tomorrow. I told him I had plans and since I am a M-friend I assumed I was off Saturday unless forced in with 24 hours notice. He made it sound like I didn't get Saturday off since I only drove 3 days while running air the other two days. This sounds like BS to me but is there any truth to what he's saying?
No and quit answering your phone.

El Correcto

god is dead
Also if he plans on forcing you into work call the police when he breaks into your house and drags you out of bed.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Think about it: why would a supervisor or manager call you ON ROUTE, when they could just send a message through the DIAD? Because they know you are weak-minded and bully/guilt/ power you into showing up more easily by speaking to you directly. Bullies.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Talk to your BA and file a grievance every time they do it! Unfortunately, if your building isn't staffed properly and you don't have enough seniority this is what they will do! But throw paper down every time they do it!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Talk to your BA and file a grievance every time they do it! Unfortunately, if your building isn't staffed properly and you don't have enough seniority this is what they will do! But throw paper down every time they do it!

The OP does not have his/her own route-----his/her center manager was trying to help him get his/her hours----and you are telling him to put pen to paper?

The first time he does that is the last time that he will be put on road.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

The OP does not have his/her own route-----his/her center manager was trying to help him get his/her hours----and you are telling him to put pen to paper?

The first time he does that is the last time that he will be put on road.

No, he/her said his center manager told him that he was needed tomorrow, I didn't hear anything about trying get him/her hours! I was referring to him being forced in 6 days! If he's a full-time service provider! What are you talking about "that will be the last time he will be put on the road"!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

He ran air 2 out of the 5 days.

I am saying that if he continues to turn down “extra work” he may find himself looking for work elsewhere.

In my building, no full-time service provider is running air! So I don't get that! He has to work as instructed, if not then it becomes a fireable offense. But if his work week is M-friend and they keep working him six days a week then filing a grievance can at least bring to light staffing issues!