cover driving and saturday air

Impex

if i cover drive all week, do i have to work saturdays? my sup is telling me i have to come in on saturday and do air after working all week driving (covering full routes everyday, all week)...just curious how this works?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If you have hours available and there is no one available with less seniority then yes yuo will probably have to work. Just remeber that you cannot work over 59.9 hours in sun-sat. If you have 1 hour available you can only work 1 hour.

dillweed

We have an air driver who was low seniority on the Sat air list. He didn't like being stuck working all Saturdays so he disqualifed himself from Sat driving only but can do air during the week. I believe this has booted him from the air driver clique and they now shun him but heck, he has his saturdays free. :happy2:

Ghost in the Darkness

When cover driving for a week it puts you in the same class as FTers for that week. If there are no exception air drivers available Saturday to work then it must go to the seniority list and higher seniority employees who have hours available have the right to request being able to work. If nobody wants to then they are supposed to go to the bottom of the list and force lowest seniority drivers to come in.

rocket man

do it tim and a half your cover i think you get 5 hours. if you go in and they send you home put blue paper in for 8 hours on monday.

rocket man

if your a cover you get cover pay sat is you sixth report you bettr be getting cover pay during the week as soon as you del 1 ground its cover pay

Impex

well the way ive been getting paid is like this, if they have me scheduled during the week to drive i get cover pay, if it says hub and i get called in i get top pay, now either way when i work on saturdays its been my air pay on saturday but its time and half (im over 40 hours after driving all week)

Overpaid Union Thug

I worked Saturdays allot after cover driving every day during the week. I got paid OT at Air Rate. That is how it's supposed to be. It sucked not getting OT at cover driver pay but OT at Air Pay is better than straight time either way.

govols019

You smell that?
If you are at or over 40 hours for the week and working Saturday would be overtime then that work has to be offered to full-timers first by seniority.

I've got the pleasure of working a few Saturdays that way. Easiest money to be made at UPS, hands down.

barnyard

KTM rider
In our center, there has been enough grievances filed that when there is Saturday work available, they post a sign up sheet and the highest seniority driver gets it. Depending on the Saturday, we have 20 year drivers that sign.

TB

rod

Retired 22 years
In our center, there has been enough grievances filed that when there is Saturday work available, they post a sign up sheet and the highest seniority driver gets it. Depending on the Saturday, we have 20 year drivers that sign.

TB
A 20 year driver that wants to work Saturdays? He must either have a coke habit or a gambling problem to pay for

rod

Retired 22 years
Neither. It's very easy money.

TB
He must really hate his wife and family if he prefers working at UPS to spending time with them on the weekends and if he's single he must not have any social life at all:peaceful: There's an old song that goes "everybody's working for the weekend" - at least the sane ones are:happy2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A 20 year driver that wants to work Saturdays? He must either have a coke habit or a gambling problem to pay for

I would add divorce and child support as reasons some go for all the OT they can get!!! I have two brothers that like to get married a lot, its an expensive hobby to them. One got married the forth time and pays $1500 a month on his two daughters and the other brother is divorcing for the third time and pays $800 a month for his two kids with the second wife. I'm glad my first and only wife has tolerated me for 25 years this June and both of our sons are out of the house and in college!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I would add divorce and child support as reasons some go for all the OT they can get!!! I have two brothers that like to get married a lot, its an expensive hobby to them. One got married the forth time and pays $1500 a month on his two daughters and the other brother is divorcing for the third time and pays $800 a month for his two kids with the second wife. I'm glad my first and only wife has tolerated me for 25 years this June and both of our sons are out of the house and in college!!
This is why I have always told my wife I love her at least once a day. (sometimes I had to bite my tounge because face it - sometimes they piss you off) Now me - I'm perfect:happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes I did look around to make sure the wife wasn't anywhere near the computer room when I made that last post. I wasn't born yesterday:peaceful: