Cover Driving VS Bid Route

1989NW

Is there anyone out there who prefers being a cover driver over having their own bid route? If so tell us why you prefer cover driving. I am considering staying a cover driver instead of going bid

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is there anyone out there who prefers being a cover driver over having their own bid route? If so tell us why you prefer cover driving. I am considering staying a cover driver instead of going bid
Yes. I get to run decent routes about 75% of the time covering. If I had a bid route it would be a crap route 100% of the time.

9.5er

I like a little variety in my life so I stay cover. If l bid on a route it would be the same crappy route every day.

Indecisi0n

Bid driver
I know all my customers
All bathrooms
Places to eat
Shop (if can't get something after work)
Customers tip route drivers big
Gas stations
Know all businesses
Most importantly, I know every stop so night time doesn't bother me at all.
I can put my music on,shut my brain off and just Cruse.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was part-time when I won a bid route. I've had four routes over 33 years, my present one I have been at 21-22 years. I like knowing where I am going to work when I get up every day. My customers love me, I've known some of them for a long time.

I can see wanting a change though, I signed a bid on a route the other day for another Center. I did it just to get a rise out of my Center Manager. We bid all our routes at the beginning of next year. If I don't get disgusted enough and retire before then, I can have third pick out of about 87 drivers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Bid driver
I know all my customers
All bathrooms
Places to eat
Shop (if can't get something after work)
Customers tip route drivers big
Gas stations
Know all businesses
Most importantly, I know every stop so night time doesn't bother me at all.
I can put my music on,shut my brain off and just Cruse.

And dream of getting to the glory hole

Indecisi0n

I was part-time when I won a bid route. I've had four routes over 33 years, my present one I have been at 21-22 years. I like knowing where I am going to work when I get up every day. My customers love me, I've known some of them for a long time.

I can see wanting a change though, I signed a bid on a route the other day for another Center. I did it just to get a rise out of my Center Manager. We bid all our routes at the beginning of next year. If I don't get disgusted enough and retire before then, I can have third pick out of about 87 drivers.
33 years, we all know you are old and tired. Just retire already. You'll have a lot more time to watch your discovery documentaries.

JL 0513

I hate city routes so I stay cover and I'm in the nice town and country routes about 90% of the time. And I've been covering long enough to know them all well. I've told myself I'll never bid a city route (at least half the routes in my building) so I'm fine covering until gaining enough seniority to bid a town route. I also enjoy variety.

Future

Victory Ride
I hate city routes so I stay cover and I'm in the nice town and country routes about 90% of the time. And I've been covering long enough to know them all well. I've told myself I'll never bid a city route (at least half the routes in my building) so I'm fine covering until gaining enough seniority to bid a town route. I also enjoy variety.
I was the same way for many years .... been in paradise for a while now .... screw those city routes in the winter

Staydryitsraining

Tcd is different in areas. Some areas it's a day to day basis. In other areas it's called temp driving where 6 months a year you work everyday usually on the same route. If they offered temp driving where I'm at now id never go full time.

JL 0513

Tcd is different in areas. Some areas it's a day to day basis. In other areas it's called temp driving where 6 months a year you work everyday usually on the same route. If they offered temp driving where I'm at now id never go full time.

No TCD's in my area. All cover driver's are permanent full timers.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Are you in colorado?
How'd you guess?
smoke-weed-o.gif

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I like having a route cause I know every day how crappy it's gonna be and what to expect...I know where everything is...but I am getting tired of seeing the same jugs every day I need some new tiddies

Pooter

Bid driver. I know where every stop is at and that in itself makes this job a little more bearable.

Plus it’s industrial so very little peak increase for me :D