Coverage drive 2nd job

HoffaLives

The Circus is Hiring
Problem is I'm 2nd coverage driver and have custody of my son there are 2 coverage drivers behind me. The first behind me usually bumps preload when not scheduled the third claims he has another job. Therefore I can never pass the work on my seniority is BS which tells me in order for management to acknowledge my seniority I have to get a second job. I'm usually always first bi+@$ for everything.

HoffaLives

The Circus is Hiring
I wanna be a damn part timer till my son is a tad older I got some seniority and am still relied on for every schedule change and driver call in sick I should just be able to pass it on to the 2 guys underneath me once in awhile.

HoffaLives

The Circus is Hiring
They never gave me parameters of what a Ft coverage is suppose to do and nor can I find any definitive language. Local sort to preload to air driver to coverage driver was all a blur. I was too reliable and now when I try to catch a break I can't.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Preload time for me was a 5 year blur. Jumped at the first opportunity to cover drive and never looked back. Never laid off, and only went back to preload for one day. Right after the strike in 97. What's your priority? Either work the job or step aside and give the next guy a shot. Come on man.

HoffaLives

The Circus is Hiring
I got custody of my son and I can out work the majority I didn't get here by being lazy I just thought it would be like Railroad seniority bid for the job or not. I here some center s are like that and others are not. Just trying to make my seniority count for something!

HoffaLives

The Circus is Hiring
Family first guys unless you want to be the old man who can't sleep at night cause he was never there for his family. Don't be brainwashed into being a slave.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I wanna be a damn part timer till my son is a tad older I got some seniority and am still relied on for every schedule change and driver call in sick I should just be able to pass it on to the 2 guys underneath me once in awhile.
Maybe you shouldn't of taken a full time job then.

HoffaLives

The Circus is Hiring
Yep keep missing your kids games and paying for that big house u never live in. I know 2 retired drivers and they are FD up- knees and shoulders can't enjoy retirement. There more to life than being a delivery boy.

HoffaLives

The Circus is Hiring
Ya I know like I said they never outlined the job - i don't even know if I am a Ft or swing or who knows what . If I could go back to the oil field I would.